Home AMX User Forum AMX Design Tools

TP Address code- Programm properties

Hello friends,

I would like to know the function of "Address port" and "Address code"..when do we use them...
when we chose address port to "0-Setup port, we can see several option at "address code" basic and advance options... When we choose those option we are provided with a address code.... Can someone please tell me what this means... i could not find a proper answer using the help provided....

We can the same options in the channel code also... Thankyou...

Regards,
Rajeev

Comments

• Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    The address port and address code are used in code to send information to the touch panel. You basically control (make it up) which ports and channels you want to use. The only exception is port 0. As you found out, there are functions already tied to them. Port 0 is used to access internal functions on the touch panel and to start with, you can probably ignore/avoid them.

Jeff
  • Raj wrote: »
    Hello friends,

I would like to know the function of "Address port" and "Address code"..when do we use them...
    when we chose address port to "0-Setup port, we can see several option at "address code" basic and advance options... When we choose those option we are provided with a address code.... Can someone please tell me what this means... i could not find a proper answer using the help provided....

We can the same options in the channel code also... Thankyou...

Regards,
    Rajeev

The address port/code is used to modify a button, i.e.changing texts, colors, borders, etc. For example, to change a text of a button from the master, assign an address code (1..4000) to the button, and then you can send a command to change the text.
    If the button has address code 13:
    SEND_COMMAND dvPanel,'TEXT13-Hello Wolrd'

Port 0 is the firmware port, and so for internal functions. They could be take effect on channel, address, command and/or string level. If you turn on "function show" in protected setup, you can see that all the setup buttons use port 0, and may be a combination of the different types.
  • RajRaj Posts: 53
    tHANKS GUYS FOR THE INFO....