Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

MVP 7500 won't boot

Hey there guys. I have a problem. I got an mvp 7500 that simply won't boot. It was working properly until last friday - I was almost finishing a project on it. We left it here upon a table, and its battery must have run over during the weekend. Today (monday), we took it to the appartment to finish what we had to do there. We connected it to the power source to load the battery and turned it on again, and it showed the logo screen, but kept stopped there. We tried to take the battery off and put it on again, but it didn't work. We tried to turn it on connected directly to the power source, but the same thing happened. It never went through the logo screen.
Has this ever happened to anyone? Is this panel dead? Or is there something I can do to try to recover it?
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    bcirrisibcirrisi Posts: 148
    I'd call tech support, sounds like a corrupt flash card.
  • Options
    jp1016jp1016 Posts: 32
    I'm from Brazil. Shipping the panel off to tech support may be very expensive. We have to be fully sure no other options are left before doing that. But thanks anyway.
  • Options
    If it is the flash card, they can send you a new one, and you can replace it yourself.
  • Options
    Is there any way to make sure it is indeed the flash card? Any test I can do?

[sorry for my lame english]
  • Options
    KrobarKrobar Posts: 32
    I have some winhex images for the MVP-7500. They allow you to buy a standard CF card from anywhere and then just copy the MVP-7500 to it. PM me if you need the file.
  • Options
    On more question: I have another mvp 750. If this is indeed a matter of a corrupt flash card, I can take the flash card out of the functioning one and replace it with the bad one, and the panel that's dead is supposed to be resurrected, right?
    Is there any danger by doing so?

[sorry again for my lame english]
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    jp1016 wrote: »
    On more question: I have another mvp 750. If this is indeed a matter of a corrupt flash card, I can take the flash card out of the functioning one and replace it with the bad one, and the panel that's dead is supposed to be resurrected, right?
    Is there any danger by doing so?

[sorry again for my lame english]

Yes, that should work, and if you take standard static precautions, there is no danger. I've done it a few times myself quite successfully.
  • Options
    Good. I'll try to do it tomorrow. Thank you guys.
  • Options
    JJCCJJCC Posts: 17
    I have the same problem with an MVP-7500 too. So, when you changed the compact flash, did it worked?
  • Options
    Yes, I replaced the Compact Flash card with the one on the working touch panel and it worked. Now I bought a compact flash reader/writer. I'm waiting for it to be delivered to see if I can restore the image Krobar sent me in the compact flash with the corrupt file.
  • Options
    JJCCJJCC Posts: 17
    This are good news. Do you mind to send me that image of the CF too please?. I will really appreciate that.
  • Options
    At this rate, AMX ought to just post CF images for download off the main site, right alongside the firmware updates. I suppose they don't "officially" want us monkeying around at that level, but it seems little difference to me in updating firmware or restoring a CF image.
  • Options
    So.... Hi everyone again :D
    It took me a long time to get to buy the CF Card Reader, but I've finnaly done it. Now I want to use winhex application to restore the image of a working one, but to do that, I have to format the card. Now... It won't work if I do it under Windows, will it?

Which file system does the card have to be formatted to?
  • Options
    jp1016 wrote: »
    So.... Hi everyone again :D
    It took me a long time to get to buy the CF Card Reader, but I've finnaly done it. Now I want to use winhex application to restore the image of a working one, but to do that, I have to format the card. Now... It won't work if I do it under Windows, will it?

Which file system does the card have to be formatted to?

WinHex shouldn't need the card formatted to restore an image. The formatting is included in the image itself, it's a bit-by-bit image (or should be).
  • Options
    I've read all of the threads, and purchased Winhex, but I can't seem to make a copy of a CF card with it. If I use the clone tool, it keeps saying that "The volume does not contain a recognized file system", can anyone help?
  • Options
    Never mind, I figured it out.
  • Options
    iainshawiainshaw Posts: 133
    and the solution is?

It would be good to post your solution so any future searcher doesn't simply blow their brains out in frustration.
  • Options
    Oh, I was selecting the 'Logical Disk Drive' instead of the 'Physical Disk Drive'. Once I figured it out, It worked great!

So I am am now a fan of WinHex, for $60 you can't go wrong, plus you can use Windows to do it instead of Linux, which makes it much easier while on the road.
  • Options
    AVKarlAVKarl Posts: 2
    7500 Firmware Image

Hey does anyone have a image for a MVP-7500. I found an old panel laying around our office and when I go to start it up it just hangs on the AMX logo. I'd like to check if it is something easy like this so I can use it to test. Since I am a new programmer it would help a lot.

Thanks,
    Karl Griena
    karl.griena@avisystems.com
  • Options
    "ditto" for me. I am in a similar predicament and am anxious to try out my MVP-7500 after working with CV10's but just can't seem to get a working image to a Sandisk 256 flash card.

Thanks,

Paul
  • Options
    So for anyone with a similar problem, I tried and tried and read and read and finally remembered seeing 'Logical Disk' and 'Physical Disk' when trying to make a copy of a good .img. The key is to select the Physical Drive. I ended up using an app mentioned in this thread called 'Road Kill' (FREE) plugged in my good disk to a compact disk reader and copied to a USB stick (didn't have a second Compact Disk Reader). I then copied from the USB disk to a similar sized Compact Disk (256) and FINALLY it worked. Hope this may help/save future torture.

Thanks Again,

Paull

bcirrisi wrote: »
    Oh, I was selecting the 'Logical Disk Drive' instead of the 'Physical Disk Drive'. Once I figured it out, It worked great!

So I am am now a fan of WinHex, for $60 you can't go wrong, plus you can use Windows to do it instead of Linux, which makes it much easier while on the road.