Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

DA LITE screen and hardware for control

Pep_SDPep_SD Posts: 106
Hi,

I'm installing AMX into an existing boardroom with 2 projectors and 2 Da Lite screens (along with a couple of other devices...)
Currently, each screen is controlled by one in-wall switch (one per screen).
I open the box to see what's behind the switch: it's all 120V wires...

Switch up, the screen goes up.
Switch at center position, the screen stops (from going up or down).
Switch down, the screen goes down.

Could it be that these screen are currently controlled without any LVC unit? If not, where should I be looking to locate the LVCs?

Thank you in advance for all your most valuable inputs - as usual!

Paul-Eric

Comments

• The LVC control is on the left side of the screen(when you are facing it) ,most likely you will have to unlock the screws and remove the plate to reveal the control circuit board that connects the Da Lite screen to your up/down switch.
  • Pep_SDPep_SD Posts: 106
    Thomas,
    Do you have any info to share on what is the best way to integrate this with a NI-3100 for instance (from a hardware perspective)?
    What wiring to install, what to connect to the AMX?... yes a lot of questions, but that is my first time dealing with screens and I really appreciate any help.

Paul-Eric
  • kbeattyAMXkbeattyAMX Posts: 358
    Pep_SD wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm installing AMX into an existing boardroom with 2 projectors and 2 Da Lite screens (along with a couple of other devices...)
    Currently, each screen is controlled by one in-wall switch (one per screen).
    I open the box to see what's behind the switch: it's all 120V wires...

Switch up, the screen goes up.
    Switch at center position, the screen stops (from going up or down).
    Switch down, the screen goes down.

Could it be that these screen are currently controlled without any LVC unit? If not, where should I be looking to locate the LVCs?

Thank you in advance for all your most valuable inputs - as usual!

Paul-Eric

I think you need an AMX UPC20. I've seen a number of classrooms with out LowVoltage Controllers. A dead give away is the HighVoltage Control you described.
  • IshlachiIshlachi Posts: 34
    You just need to install Da-Lite low voltage controllers on each screen. Then you use two relays to each screen, one for up and one for down.
  • alexsquaredalexsquared Posts: 166
    Ishlachi wrote: »
    You just need to install Da-Lite low voltage controllers on each screen. Then you use two relays to each screen, one for up and one for down.

+1 I completely agree
  • chillchill Posts: 186
    I've been using Da-Lite screens for years, and it's dead easy. As Ishlachi said, "you use two relays to each screen, one for up and one for down." I'll elaborate that you would pulse[] the relay to make the screen move, and the screen's limit switches will stop it at the right place. We typically use a piece of audio cable for this (one pair 22 gauge plus shield for up, down and common).

The larger question is the low voltage controllers. The LVC is sold separately, and since these are existing screens the LVCs may not have been ordered/installed originally. If they were not, you'd need to retrofit them. About the only way to find out is to go up in the ceiling and have a look.

HTH.
  • Pep_SDPep_SD Posts: 106
    Thank you SO very much all for your replies!
    Made me understand what to look for.