Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

Favorite UI's

Some of the recent discussion in the Savant thread got me thinking. What is your favorite interface, and why? It might be a piece of software you use, a washing machine, your toaster, a web site, a control system you've developed or seen, or your car's media system. We're surrounded by them everywhere and the hardest part is the best ones hardly get noticed - generally thats what makes them good.

For me, I really can't go past the Reactable. The design of the interface makes for an incredible user experience when used for the purpose it was created for - creating. By completely detaching itself from the user experience of a mouse and keyboard computer or a knobs, dials and keys piece of synth hardware it also detaches the users from their pre-determined psycological biases to those interfaces. It sets up a beautiful interaction of objects much in the same way they might be viewed in a visual programming language and allows users to interact with it via physical objects, someone almost the entire human race has a grasp of. It's tactile, fun and does a very good job at putting you in a creative mindset. It truly is an experience.

Comments