Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Modules & Duet Modules
Options

Lutron Duet P5 Weird Problem

Everything was going great with the Lutron Duet module for Homeworks P5. I had originally used two phantom keypads in Homeworks, added them both with the LUTRONKEYPADADD functions, and after the REINIT the module happily reported back LUTRONKEYPADLEDUPDATE every time a key was pressed. This LED update response is how I set my buttons to show 'on' or 'off'.

BUT (there's always a but, isn't there?), once I've added a third phantom keypad with the LUTRONKEYPADADD function, all reporting with the LUTRONKEYPADLEDUPDATE stopped! The module still handle all of my LUTRONKEYPADPRESS commands (the lights turn on and off), it just never talks back to my module at all.

So it works great with two or less keypads (talks both ways just fine), but three or more keypads and I don't get any status back.

The third keypad is definitely defined in the Homeworks system, so it's not a problem of defining a keypad that doesn't exist.

Anyone ever had this problem? These are 24 button phantom keypads in Homeworks. Is there a total button limit that I don't understand?

I'm using the duet module version 1_0_117

Thanks for any and all input.

Chuck

Comments

• Options
    Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    At one point, I found that the duet module did not report status changes on a couple of the keypads, but it only affected a small set of the total number of keypads. I believe this problem has been resolved in the more recent versions of the module.

I would enable the passback option and use diagnostics to make sure that the Lutron processor is sending the updates. Recently (the last couple weeks) it seems that there was an update from Lutron that is defaulting the automatic feedback to OFF on the processors. Using diagnostics and passback, you should be able to eliminate or confirm this as the problem.

Jeff
  • Options
    chuckdchuckd Posts: 26
    It only happens when I add three or more keypads using the LUTRONKEYPADADD command. If I add two or less keypads, everything works great. When I add three or more, ALL status stops.
  • Options
    Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    Have you verified that you have enough Duet memory available on the processor? Depending on how many duet modules you are running, you might need to increase the amount of duet memory allocated in the processor.

Jeff
  • Options
    sonnysonny Posts: 208
    I wouldn't think there would be any limit, other than those imposed by Lutron's keypad address limits. FWIW, I'm on a project now that has no room for virtual keypads so I'm using the "hidden" buttons on standard keypads.

There is a version 1.18 out that I have from tech support (although it's still not quite there), not sure when they'll post it.
  • Options
    jazzwyldjazzwyld Posts: 199
    chuckd wrote: »
    It only happens when I add three or more keypads using the LUTRONKEYPADADD command. If I add two or less keypads, everything works great. When I add three or more, ALL status stops.

What does the Homeworks Link look like? Are they full or tons of space?