Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

NXD-500i - colors are off?

Hi All,

I have a couple of touch screen all running the same TPD file, and I noticed on the NXD-500i the colors are are a different shade/hue from what are on the other touch screens. All the other touch screens look pretty close to what is in TPdesign. On the NXD-500i, the light greens look brownish and the grays look way darker then they should. Has anyone else noticed this? Any idea if there are any adjustments on the panel for it?

Thanks,

Comments

• Options
    a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    bcirrisi wrote: »
    Hi All,

I have a couple of touch screen all running the same TPD file, and I noticed on the NXD-500i the colors are are a different shade/hue from what are on the other touch screens. All the other touch screens look pretty close to what is in TPdesign. On the NXD-500i, the light greens look brownish and the grays look way darker then they should. Has anyone else noticed this? Any idea if there are any adjustments on the panel for it?

Thanks,

I have noticed this as well. I have not found any adjustments. I generally load a file to the TP and then adjust the color of the images from there if they don't come out right. You never know what it will look like on the TP, so you have to create your graphics using the wrong color so that once loaded its the right color.
    Paul
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    bcirrisi wrote: »
    Hi All,

Thanks,

I suppose it's a matter of degrees. I've noticed that they can vary slightly from one panel to another. This is really noticable when we burn in our systems. I'll have a cart with all the touch panels fired up, side by side, with the same images and it's easy to see the differences.

Now, they are are typically not way off but just slightly off. If you're noticing totally wacky colors then something is genuinely wrong. If they're just slightly off, then it's just the differences from one to another. I find tweaking the brightness can help somewhat.

I have mixed emotions about putting more tweaky color controls on panels. We have a few techs who I'm not sure should have such controls. They are notorious tweakers and we'd never get anything done.
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I'm a big fan of color palettes, and since I'll match the palette to the room decor, I don't need to worry about minor differences room-to-room. Setting them up initially, however, is a labor-intensive process.