Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

iPort FS22 and cover art

Is there a way to get album cover art from any of the iPort dock?

As far as i can tell, there is no way to get it. I have looked at there website, within AMXhome touchpanel pages, and from AMX's tech part of their website.

Really, I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss something somewhere.

Thanks in advance

Toby

Comments

• Options
    bcirrisibcirrisi Posts: 148
    You can not get cover-art via RS232. I'm not sure if it will pass it over the composite or svideo output of the FS22. I'm about 75% sure that it won't. I think Apple restricts the video output to video content (movies and stuff) not the actually interface. Some one correct me if 'm wrong.
  • Options
    2Fast2Fast Posts: 90
    How can C***** get the cover arts. Does anybody think that C***** ipod dock work with AMX?
  • Options
    PhreaKPhreaK Posts: 966
    If the system has access to the interwebs you could interface with something such as the amazon API or other various web services to lookup the artwork and dynamically serve it.
  • Options
    PhreaK wrote: »
    If the system has access to the interwebs you could interface with something such as the amazon API or other various web services to lookup the artwork and dynamically serve it.

True, that works great, you just have to make sure that your artist names and album titles are 100% correct, the amazon API works great, and fast...
  • Options
    jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    I was toying around with the last.fm API and thought it was pretty nice. I'll need to look at the Amazon; any links on where to sign-up or get it?
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    The C system probably gets the URL from the serial port and then does the actual display with a dynamic image from the URL. That's how it works with Escient Fireballs. Which means you should be able to do something similar, if you can get your hands on the needed protocols. However, your actual device has to be able to supply that URL. I'm not familiar with the protocol for the dock you are using, but that might be your issue.
  • Options
    PhreaKPhreaK Posts: 966
    jjames wrote: »
    I was toying around with the last.fm API and thought it was pretty nice. I'll need to look at the Amazon; any links on where to sign-up or get it?

Yeah last.fm is another nice one. You can get all the amazon developer guff through their web services portal. The nice thing about using them is that you can also grab movie info if you need it.

If you're using duet you could write yourself an amazon module using this as a base.