Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

Old Projects Which Version of Studio

I have to fix a couple of projects that have the old ME260 processor, which doesn't support Duet firmwares. Can I use Studio 3 with the non-Duet Master firmwares or I need to roll back to an older version of Netlinx Studio? My concern is after recompiling the changes with Studio 3, will I have problems on the running code? I have Studio 3 on my laptop now and would like to use it instead of older versions, any ideas?

Thanks,

Ricardo

Comments

• Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    I have to fix a couple of projects that have the old ME260 processor, which doesn't support Duet firmwares. Can I use Studio 3 with the non-Duet Master firmwares or I need to roll back to an older version of Netlinx Studio? My concern is after recompiling the changes with Studio 3, will I have problems on the running code? I have Studio 3 on my laptop now and would like to use it instead of older versions, any ideas?

Thanks,

Ricardo

I've learned never to say never, but I've been working on a project (my personal AMX system) and it's on an old ME260 and have had no issues thus far.

Bare in mind that it has very few modules.
  • Options
    ryanwwryanww Posts: 196
    I have a 260 as well and no issues at all. I don't believe the compiler has any affect over the files if it isn't using duet.

I also know it is compatible with the older axcess stuff..
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    The Duet router isn't loaded unless you include a Duet module. I can go you one further - I have a plain old NXC-ME (not even a 260) at home, and I just loaded a new program with NS3.