Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

NS3 and IR mapping issue

I am having a terrible time with NS3 crashing which is known across the forum, but my big issue is IR mapping. Whenever I start a fresh project and define my devices I can't link an IRL file to any of the devices until I save & close the workspace and then re-open it. Is anybody else having this issue in NS3 or is it just my installation?

Comments

• Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Tworhythms wrote: »
    I am having a terrible time with NS3 crashing which is known across the forum, but my big issue is IR mapping. Whenever I start a fresh project and define my devices I can't link an IRL file to any of the devices until I save & close the workspace and then re-open it. Is anybody else having this issue in NS3 or is it just my installation?

This is universally true for all device mappings. Touch panel files, program files, keypad files, etc...
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    The workspace is getting corrupted; I've posted details on it before. Look at the file paths in your project, you will see that the project folder is getting added to the path whether it is needed or not, and sometimes even in duplicate. There is some connection to the crashes, but at this point I can't be certain if it's a cause or effect.
  • Options
    ColzieColzie Posts: 470
    This is definitely a problem with NS3. AMX has this item on their "to do" list.

http://amxforums.com/showthread.php?t=5818