Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

Export Connections?

I thought there was going to be a way to export all of my connections (IP addresses) from NetLinx Studio 3. I can't seem to find a way to do it - does anyone know how or does it not exist in this version?

Comments

• Options
    PhreaKPhreaK Posts: 966
    It's under Tools > Export Preferences. If you tick TCP/IP history it will dump it out for you.
  • Options
    jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    Thanks! Wouldn't have thought it'd be in there.
  • Options
    Well, I exported them only, but when tried to import them on another computer, they're not showing up. I guess it's a "bug" or an incomplete feature.

Can anyone confirm?
  • Options
    PhreaKPhreaK Posts: 966
    Yep your right, theres nothing in there. It dumps out an xml file with the TCPIPHistory tags but nothing in between them. The TCP/IP history is all just stored in the registry though so its easy to export from there. Alternatively here's a little vb script that I wrote to dump out a .reg file. To transport your history just copy it onto another computer and right click > merge.

If you want to syncronise your NetLinx "address book" between computers you can incorporate this into a login script so that it can dump to a central location then merge into other computers from there.
  • Options
    Thanks! Saves me from having to bust out the script I wrote to do that (I have no idea where it's at!) I'll be submitting the bug though on Monday. Thanks for the verification!