Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

NI-3000 Compact Flash

Ok, so last week I had an NI-3000 go downtown on me (The NI-3000 is simply stuck with the Status and Input Lights on. It happened after a program update and reboot.). I read on here that this was a KNOWN issue for the 2006 era CF's in NetLinx Masters, BUT AMX is telling me that this device is now out of warranty and the client will have to pay to have this fixed. I recall reading through the forums that it was not too difficult to replace the compact flash card with a re-imaged one. But I cannot find the correct image (I was told that ANY of the NI-x000 cards/images would work) AND if there was a way to do something to the CF to prep it for the file transfer. I'm sure it's been covered on here at length, but all I seem to find is information about the Linux CF's for Touch Panels.

Has anyone posted the simplest way to redo a CF for a master? And also, does anyone have images for a VxWorks CF for the X000?

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• feddxfeddx Posts: 167
    But I see no thanks is necessary.

Sending back the master now.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I thought I had responded to this ... maybe it was another similar post, but it seems to be popping up all over lately. No one else responded because (1) it's not a quick and simple answer, and (2) it's been discussed extensively here already. Do forum search for CF card and you will see several threads explaining it. The short version is make an image of a working CF with a hex editor like WinHex and restore the image to your new card. The other answer is binary imaging has native commands in Linux distros, and you can do it that way as well if you know your way around Linux.

I know it's too late for this particular problem, but maybe that will help in the future. CF corruption is not exactly common, but it's not unheard of either, so it pays to have a way out that doesn't involve weeks of downtime while you send the unit out.