Home AMX User Forum AMX Design Tools

set popup position with NetLinx

Hi!

Is there a command or something to set a popup "Top" and "Left" position with NetLinx???

Thanks to all and salutes!!!

Comments

• rfletcherrfletcher Posts: 217
    I don't believe there is. At least, I've looked and never been able to find one. It would be very useful to have though. I hope someone will correct me and point one out.

Barring that, AMX can we please have a command to set the position of popup pages on G4 Panels?
  • ColzieColzie Posts: 470
    Until recently I was under the impression there was no way to position a popup or a button. I was recently proven wrong regarding moving buttons. It is an undocumented feature of the BMF command. I don't know if this helps your situation, but I know I had been wanting the ability to move buttons for a long time.
    SEND_COMMAND dvTP,"'^BMF-',cAddress,',0,%R',cLeft,',',cTop,',',cRight,',',cBottom"

• mpullinmpullin Posts: 949
    Colzie wrote: »
    Until recently I was under the impression there was no way to position a popup or a button. I was recently proven wrong regarding moving buttons. It is an undocumented feature of the BMF command. I don't know if this helps your situation, but I know I had been wanting the ability to move buttons for a long time.
    SEND_COMMAND dvTP,"'^BMF-',cAddress,',0,%R',cLeft,',',cTop,',',cRight,',',cBottom"

Ah yes I remember this. But can you also move popups with it? Or only buttons? Keep in mind cLeft and cRight refer to the x values of the left and right edge. If they don't make sense given the width of the object the command fizzles. Same deal with cTop, cBottom, and the height.

You can actually move a button on a popup OUT of the popup's region using this command. I haven't researched the consqeuences of doing so however.
  • ColzieColzie Posts: 470
    mpullin wrote: »
    But can you also move popups with it? Or only buttons?

I would have to think buttons only. I'd gladly be wrong, however.
  • Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    Well, there seems to be the ability to add address and channel codes to a popup, so maybe using the BMF commands on an appropriately addressed popup will function????

If I get some free time this week, I will try it out.

Jeff
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I remember hearing stories once at a training session of someone who built an entire panel in code, but that was in the G3 days. I have no idea if (1) the story was exaggerated or just plain untrue, or (2) if it was for real it the commands carry over to the G4 world.
  • MorgoZMorgoZ Posts: 116
    Hello and thanks to all!!

I?ve tried the ^BMF command, but i couldn?t make it work with a pop-up.... if some of you try it, please tell me.

In any case, many thanks for your responses!!