Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

Netlinx Studio - Network ports?

Hi folks,

Which ports does Netlinx Studio use for communications?

I can't talk to my NI-3000 from Netlinx Studio under Vista unless I disable Windows Firewall. I've unblocked the application and I've unblocked port 1319. Firewall says it's blocking a "Network Discovery NB-Datagram Out"; so I unblocked UDP port 138 as well. I'm still not having any luck.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Hi folks,

Which ports does Netlinx Studio use for communications?

I can't talk to my NI-3000 from Netlinx Studio under Vista unless I disable Windows Firewall. I've unblocked the application and I've unblocked port 1319. Firewall says it's blocking a "Network Discovery NB-Datagram Out"; so I unblocked UDP port 138 as well. I'm still not having any luck.

Any advice would be appreciated.

1319 is the port you seek.
  • Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    I would also unblock ports 21 & 23. When unblocking ports I usually do UDP & TCP since I don't know which protocol is actually used. I would kinda think the comms would be TCP since we do need to ensure all the packets arrive complete, if not resend.
  • Options
    I would also untick "automatically ping master controller to ensure availability".
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I would also untick "automatically ping master controller to ensure availability".

Definitely if you are remote, but it's never caused me a problem on a local network.

Also keep in mind that the programming port and telnet can be changed, so if 1319 doesn't work, you may have to go in RS-232 and fix it. I believe (not certain, haven't done it in while) they refer to it as the ICSNet port.
  • Options
    Right!
    "set ICSP port"

• Options
    Thanks for the replies, folks. I'm still not having any luck, however. With the firewall off it's fine, with it on, no go. I've unblocked everything mentioned and still no dice. I'm going to have to dig up a utility to monitor Vista's network traffic and see exactly what the application is attempting to do...