Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

AMX NI-3100 controlling Extron MLC 226 IP

i have a new project using 4 (Extron MLC 226 IP) in a "straight line divisible room layout". i already programmed the MLC's using GC3 and now my next task is to control the MLC's from the AMX NI-3100 to lockout the MLC's that are not used in the combining mode. there will be a wireless MVP-8400 and an in rack NXD-1200V touch panel built into the AV rack.

ex: there are 3 rooms in a straight line and i want to combine rooms 1 and 2 (the MLC in room 3 is locked out and only the MLC in room 1 is functional.)

the 4th MLC is for when all 3 rooms are combined, only that MLC will be functional.

how do i go about telling which Extron MLC i want to lockout?

Comments

• Options
    connected to the AMX NI-3100's ethernet port is a Netgear Ethernet Switch. The 4 Extron MLC226IP are also connected to this Ethernet Switch.

what i have connected to the Extron MLC's:

display port: Christie LX1500 Projector
    relay port A: Draper projector screen LVC
    IR port A: projector lift
    rs232/IR MLS port: Extron IN1508 Scaler switcher

linking all of these Extron IN1508 Scaler switchers to an AMX Autopatch Precis 8x4 (outputs to the Christie LX1500 projector).

i know these devices are not being controlled through the AMX NI-3100 controller.

now is there a way for the AMX NI-3100 to control the MLC's attached devices (display port, relay port, IR port, MLS port) through the MVP-8400 and NXD-1200V touch panels? or would that only work if the rs232, IR, and relays are connected to the NI-3100?