Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

NI-3000

Hi there,

I have a NI-3000 just recently service from a customer but I can't connect to the unit using the program port at the back, I have tried to change the baud rate but its still not connecting. Did somebody had encounter it before.

Comments

• feddxfeddx Posts: 175
    edgelitoc wrote: »
    Hi there,

I have a NI-3000 just recently service from a customer but I can't connect to the unit using the program port at the back, I have tried to change the baud rate but its still not connecting. Did somebody had encounter it before.

Had something similar just happen with an NI-3100. If it's set for DHCP, you can connect it to a network with a DHCP server, and then use the Listen funtion to sniff out the IP (Communication settings/Edit Settings).

It turns out that my box was cooked. I hope yours is ok, and that this helped you out.
  • PhreaKPhreaK Posts: 966
    What are your LED's doing?
  • PhreaK wrote: »
    What are your LED's doing?

It seems the LED Status(Green) is on , Output(red) is normal, Input(yellow) is normal..
  • feddx wrote: »
    Had something similar just happen with an NI-3100. If it's set for DHCP, you can connect it to a network with a DHCP server, and then use the Listen funtion to sniff out the IP (Communication settings/Edit Settings).

It turns out that my box was cooked. I hope yours is ok, and that this helped you out.

did you able to try when your ip was set to static
  • PhreaKPhreaK Posts: 966
    Sounds like you may have a dead CF card. If you've got another NI-3000 around you can grab yourself another CF card of equal size (or bigger) and use dd under linux, or win-hex to do an image.

Alternatively AMX tech support should be able to help you out.

If you have a search around the forums you'll be able to find some how-to's on doing the card imaging.
  • PhreaK wrote: »
    Sounds like you may have a dead CF card. If you've got another NI-3000 around you can grab yourself another CF card of equal size (or bigger) and use dd under linux, or win-hex to do an image.

Alternatively AMX tech support should be able to help you out.

If you have a search around the forums you'll be able to find some how-to's on doing the card imaging.

Well I have to contact tech support, Thanks for the info PhreaK...