Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads Tips and Tricks
Options

Control a Device Dialog Feature

I am not sure if this has always been the case, but I stumbled upon a very nice feature in the control a device window. If you have multiple commands or strings you want to send to a device, but you need to send them at different times, you can do it now! Simple enter every string you want to send, then select only the one you want to send at that time and click on the Send To Device button. Only the text selected will be sent.

I stumbled on this when I was doing a copy of a command I needed to send then replace with REINIT and what I had selected did not count as a qualified string. I was confused as it was indeed a properly formatted string, except the part that was highlighted. I am thinking that this may have always been a feature, but I wish I would have known about it earlier. It could have saved me a fair amount of time in the past.

Jeff

Comments

• Options
    Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    I think this feature has been around for a while because I just tried it with Netlinx Studio 2.5 and it works exactly as you described.

I too wish I had known about this earlier but better late than never. This will definitely save me time in the future.

Thanks for sharing the discovery Jeff.

This belongs in the Tips and Tricks section.

Spire_Jeff wrote: »
    I am not sure if this has always been the case, but I stumbled upon a very nice feature in the control a device window. If you have multiple commands or strings you want to send to a device, but you need to send them at different times, you can do it now! Simple enter every string you want to send, then select only the one you want to send at that time and click on the Send To Device button. Only the text selected will be sent.

I stumbled on this when I was doing a copy of a command I needed to send then replace with REINIT and what I had selected did not count as a qualified string. I was confused as it was indeed a properly formatted string, except the part that was highlighted. I am thinking that this may have always been a feature, but I wish I would have known about it earlier. It could have saved me a fair amount of time in the past.

Jeff