Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products

Missing Font Overnight?

Got an email from a client saying that the "numbers inside the buttons are gone." Well, we have the main entrance page password protected the kids can't play around with the panel nor undock it. Well, she goes to enter the password, and the text is missing. I put it into its setup page using the SETUP command, and this is what I saw (through VNC - a tech onsite confirmed what I was seeing.)

Any ideas as to why and how this happened? I've not messed with the panel for at least a few years, and code hasn't been adjusted in two years. All other fonts are just fine though throughout the panel.

Comments

• ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    jjames wrote: »
    Got an email from a client saying that the "numbers inside the buttons are gone." Well, we have the main entrance page password protected the kids can't play around with the panel nor undock it. Well, she goes to enter the password, and the text is missing. I put it into its setup page using the SETUP command, and this is what I saw (through VNC - a tech onsite confirmed what I was seeing.)

Any ideas as to why and how this happened? I've not messed with the panel for at least a few years, and code hasn't been adjusted in two years. All other fonts are just fine though throughout the panel.

I've had a couple panels do this after botched TPD4 uploads. I basically had to reload the file and make sure the 'Smart File Transfer' was UnChecked. That forces it to reload all the fonts, graphics, etc... It took WAY longer but it did fix the problem.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    The only time I've had fonts go missing, it was because the font itself was gone from my PC when I loaded the file. Never like this when it just vanished from the panel without a load. I would suspect a CF glitch trashed a critical part of the font file in memory.
  • jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    Fixed

Did a full panel & graphics transfer and it fixed the problem. Not exactly sure *how* or *why* it happened - but we at least got it fixed. Whew . . . that was a weird one. I'd have to probably agree with you Dave that something went awry on the CF, but it seems to be fine now.

Definitely strange...
  • Thomas HayesThomas Hayes Posts: 1,164
    Had that happen a month or so back, freaked me out abit at first, did the full reload and firmware thingy. No issues since then with this happening again or with the panel.