Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

Lost Calibration

I am having several panels loss their calibration across campus. There doesn't appear to be any repeat offender but I would like to know if others have seen this random lost of cal. in their panels.

Comments

• Options
    I have a cuople of CV-7s that are notorious for losing calibration. Seems like it occurs about once every 6 weeks or so. Others in the building have been running for years without any need for re-calibration.
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Ishlachi wrote: »
    I have a cuople of CV-7s that are notorious for losing calibration. Seems like it occurs about once every 6 weeks or so. Others in the building have been running for years without any need for re-calibration.

We've noticed that places with bad power seem to have panels that need calibration. Electricity: It's all around us...
    :D
  • Options
    jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    I've encountered it enough times to only count on one hand. It happens, but not very often for us.
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    jjames wrote: »
    I've encountered it enough times to only count on one hand. It happens, but not very often for us.

Not to stray off subject... but the title of this thread would make a good action movie title. L o s t C a l i b r a t i o n... Sorry, it's just one of those days for me. I cannot concentrate.
  • Options
    jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    ericmedley wrote: »
    Not to stray off subject...
    There's no turning back now!
    ericmedley wrote: »
    Sorry, it's just one of those days for me. I cannot concentrate.
    I hear ya . . . it feels like Monday and Friday combined: slow and lethargic, but eager for the day to end. Err wait - that's every day except Saturday, Sunday, holidays and vacations days.

BTW - that title . . . I'm not even going to touch that - we need to stay family friendly, right? :D
  • Options
    We have heard of similar issues over the last year. I believe there is a fractional timing difference across hardware boards that may be causing this. It only occurs during power on/boot and if the timing is just right the firmware fails to read the calibration data. We have put in some extra retries with minor delays between reads to try to compensate for the timing differences. Our testing has shown a significant improvement on panels that previously had an issue. Also, if the issue does occur (much reduced possibility) we will now pop up a dialog to the user after boot that notifies the user that calibration is lost and to touch the display to take them to the calibration page. This is sort of a preemptive way of handling this instead of the user touching the display and thinking the panel is offline because touch isn't working. This will be in the 2.86.xx release of firmware on all panels (currently undergoing testing).
  • Options
    KrobarKrobar Posts: 32
    rgelling wrote: »
    We have heard of similar issues over the last year. I believe there is a fractional timing difference across hardware boards that may be causing this. It only occurs during power on/boot and if the timing is just right the firmware fails to read the calibration data. We have put in some extra retries with minor delays between reads to try to compensate for the timing differences. Our testing has shown a significant improvement on panels that previously had an issue. Also, if the issue does occur (much reduced possibility) we will now pop up a dialog to the user after boot that notifies the user that calibration is lost and to touch the display to take them to the calibration page. This is sort of a preemptive way of handling this instead of the user touching the display and thinking the panel is offline because touch isn't working. This will be in the 2.86.xx release of firmware on all panels (currently undergoing testing).

Is stable 2.86.xx firmware likely to be released this year?