Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

Axcent3 resetting for no reason

I have numerous Axcent3 controllers that are resetting for what appears to be no reason. When these units reset and lose communication to the touch panel, it causes the panels to lock up or become out of sync with the controller. Also, the touch panel will beep every time it loses communication, and again when it regains communication with the controller. The is very annoying for the user!

Does anyone else have any experience with this happening? If so, what can be done about it?

Thanks,
Eric

Comments

• Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    AxLink is usually pretty solid. I would suspect a bad device on the buss if you hadn't said it is happening with multiple systems. What kind of cabling are you using for your AxLink buss? It doesn't really like twisted pair very much, you should be using straight shielded 4-conductor.
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    DHawthorne wrote: »
    What kind of cabling are you using for your AxLink buss? It doesn't really like twisted pair very much, you should be using straight shielded 4-conductor.

4... 3.... 2.... 1....

Cue: Axlink over Cat5e argument... and go!
  • Options
    Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    Here is the tech note that describes how and when UTP can be used for axlink:

http://amx.com/techsupport/techNote.asp?id=907

Jeff
  • Options
    wire

We're using a standard 4 conductor cable with drain and shield. Even on my test bunch with a 6' cable I'm having these problems. Some files seem to cause reset and some don't. I emailed a few files to AMX and they didn't see anything in the code that would cause reset.
    Thanks,
    ERIC