Home AMX User Forum AMX Resource Management Suite Software

Trouble with RMS and IE8

I'm running IE8 in Win7, and when I click to login to my Netlink master, I get a blank window. Works fine in any other browser, but not IE8.

If I enter the IP addy seperatly, it does the same thing.

Any ideas?

Doug

Comments

• krukru Posts: 20
    Have you tried running the IE in compatibility mode? (There are icon in the end of address bar to do that)
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    kru wrote: »
    Have you tried running the IE in compatibility mode? (There are icon in the end of address bar to do that)

So does this mean that IE8 is running in 'incompatibility mode' by default??? That makes sense to me.
    :D
  • dmenkedmenke Posts: 25
    kru wrote: »

Tried that, no go.
  • PhreaKPhreaK Posts: 966
    Not sure if it's an issue with IE8. I can't seem to get it to bork out on v8.0.6001.18702. It's not being stopped by a security alert or similar?

According to the tech talk the other day issues like this won't be happening much longer, they're switching to flash based interfaces. Not sure if I'm the biggest fan of the idea, especially with the functionality provided by modern js frameworks and nice clean xhtml.
  • mushmush Posts: 287
    Have you tried running IE8 as an administrator?
    (Right click on the icon and click run as administrator)
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    There is a similar issue with the web interface on the Aprilaire 8825 thermostat controller. They say recent security fixes in all up-to-date browsers have caused it, and they are working on a solution ... or at least would be, if they could figure out exactly what was going on (I really appreciate an honest tech). IN the case of the 8825, you can refresh it a dozen times or so and it will eventually kick in, but only for that session. It's likely some manner of timing issue.