Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio

RFID - Anterus

Has anyone worked with Anterus ?

How does this stuff work.

Comments

• AMXJeffAMXJeff Posts: 450
    The readers are AXLINK, and there is a duet module that completes the picture. The Duet Module adds web pages to the master to manage the readers, cards etc... RMS adds some more features to the picture.

Read this manual for more information

http://www.amx.com//techdocs/Anterus.OperationReferenceGuide.pdf
  • damiendamien Posts: 10
    Hi ,

I am currently busy with an Anterus RFID and two badges.
    I am not very experienced with duet modules so here is my question (s) :
    In the manual of the RFID you need to configure it by the webinterface of the Netlinx processor.
    The RFID has number 96, he shows up in the online tree as an unknown device, in the section manage devices of the webinterface of the Processor he doesn't shows up. I have downloaded the sample program into the netlinx. He still does not recognizes the device. So I cannot get in to configure the badges and the reader.

I also have no idea how to interface it with commands because it is the first time I use a duet module.

Any ideas ??

Maybe also some examples on how to interface it ?

Thanks,
  • Have you watched the video tutorial they produced? (It is over at AMX university) It goes through setting up and configuration. I haven't played with it yet but I have a couple projects I'm trying to include this on.
  • damiendamien Posts: 10
    No, but I have managed to configure it after several attempts he showed up under manage devices.
    I never used duet modules only netlinx, so I am a bit lost in interfacing it.
    Reading signal strength, tag acquired, which tag available. In the module specification there is a list of commands but I am a bit lost in using those commands and feedback from tags.

Thanks
  • Anterus

Hi,
    My name is Doug Hall, AMX Product Manager for Anterus and will be happy to answer your questions to the best of my ability. I'm sorry to not have responded sooner, but I just discovered this forum. We are very excited about this product and hope that you find it useful in your projects, easy to use, and fun. To briefly respond to an earlier question, I would ask if you have found the device module and sample code in the InConcert site? We tried to make it easy to configure the tags through the master web browser and trigger functions using Data Events. Anterus is also tightly integrated into RMS where you may use the tags for real time locating and setup control functions without additional programming.
    Please let me know how I can help you.
    Kindest Regards,
    Doug
  • AXLink code

Hi everybody.

I'm Marco, from Rome

I would like to use my RFID without the Duet Module, but I don't understand how to set each level of the reader.

Can anybody help me (maybe with an example code)?

Thanks,

Marco
  • Anterus programming

Hi Marco,
    The Anterus RFID system is only supported through the use of the Duet module. The module provides an efficient method to configure the reader through a web interface. Even though the reader is an AXlink device, it does not have a shared API at that level. Unless you have a non-Duet master, this should not prevent you from programmning the device.
    I hope this helps,
    DH
  • I know.

I would do a my module, where I can set the range of the various level (like upper, lower or sensibility) from the touchpanel and not by user interface like does the duet module.

Do you think there is a solution for my issue?
  • What you are wanting to do is simple, to set the aquired threshold, send an integer value 0-255 on level 1 to the real device. Lost is 2 and Sensitivity is 3.
    This does not go through the module, you send the levels direct to the device.
  • Sorry if I am so boring, but can i ask you to write a simple example of this?

I ask it because I've tried to send the livel directly to my real device, but it doesn't work (i hope that you understand me)

Thanks a lot
  • AMXJeffAMXJeff Posts: 450
    DEFINE_DEVICE
    dvReader1 = 96:1:0;

DEFINE_CONSTANT

RFID_RDR_UPPER_LEVEL  = 1;
    RFID_RDR_LOWER_LEVEL = 2;
    RFID_RDR_SENSITIVITY_LEVEL = 3;

RDID_RDR_UPPER_SETPOINT = 0;  // Range = 0-255, with 0 denoting the maximum range 
    RDID_RDR_LOWER_SETPOINT = 0;  // Range = 0-255, with 0 denoting the maximum range
    RDID_RDR_SENSITIVITY = 0; // Range = 0-255, with 0 being maximum sensitivity

DEFINE_EVENT

DATA_EVENT[dvReader1]
    {
        online:
        {
            SEND_LEVEL dvReader1, RFID_RDR_UPPER_LEVEL, RDID_RDR_UPPER_SETPOINT;
            SEND_LEVEL dvReader1, RFID_RDR_LOWER_LEVEL, RDID_RDR_LOWER_SETPOINT;
            SEND_LEVEL dvReader1, RFID_RDR_SENSITIVITY_LEVEL, RDID_RDR_SENSITIVITY;
        }
    }

• AMXJeff wrote: »
    DEFINE_DEVICE
    dvReader1 = 96:1:0;

DEFINE_CONSTANT

RFID_RDR_UPPER_LEVEL  = 1;
    RFID_RDR_LOWER_LEVEL = 2;
    RFID_RDR_SENSITIVITY_LEVEL = 3;

RDID_RDR_UPPER_SETPOINT = 0;  // Range = 0-255, with 0 denoting the maximum range 
    RDID_RDR_LOWER_SETPOINT = 0;  // Range = 0-255, with 0 denoting the maximum range
    RDID_RDR_SENSITIVITY = 0; // Range = 0-255, with 0 being maximum sensitivity

DEFINE_EVENT

DATA_EVENT[dvReader1]
    {
        online:
        {
            SEND_LEVEL dvReader1, RFID_RDR_UPPER_LEVEL, RDID_RDR_UPPER_SETPOINT;
            SEND_LEVEL dvReader1, RFID_RDR_LOWER_LEVEL, RDID_RDR_LOWER_SETPOINT;
            SEND_LEVEL dvReader1, RFID_RDR_SENSITIVITY_LEVEL, RDID_RDR_SENSITIVITY;
        }
    }

Wow... thanks you so much :D

This is a good information ;)

And then, if I want change this values, I will do in the LEVEL_EVENT, is it right?

Bye Bye
  • Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    Has anyone tried working with other RFID tags? Do you have to use the AMX RFID tags? I was hoping to affix a tag to touch panels and remotes, but the tags AMX has are a little big :)

Jeff
    I just thought of something.... it would be nice if AMX were to upgrade all of the touch panels and remotes to be RFID enabled. I am guessing that the bulk of the RFID tags is in their batteries. There has to be a way to tie an RFID tag to the battery power within a touch panel. I will determine the use of such an idea as I play with my new anterus reader :)

Jeff
  • RFID alternatives and embedded thoughts

Jeff,
    We have considered embedding RFID tags in our panels but there are a couple of issues. Although the technolgy is not extremely expensive, we are mindful of not adding features that only a few would use but many would pay for. Also, even though the current draw is not great, the tags broadcast continually and would reduce battery charge life. There is always the option of addig another SKU but that is not popular. There are also restrictions on rf radio in some environments so we would have to allow for them to be disabled.
    You will find that most active RFID systems fit into similar footprints so you will most likely need to look at passive systems to really fit your needs. The problem with these is that the readers are expensive and placement is crucial. The passive systems are designed for commercial applications with controlled egress.
    I hope this helps, let me know if I can answer any more questions.
    Doug Hall
    AMX Product Management
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Doug Hall wrote:
    we are mindful of not adding features that only a few would use but many would pay for
    Maybe you should have a talk w/ some of them fellas in DC cuz one of ya'll got it wrong.

Ok, seriously, what about an add on option. An a la carte menu, like i or no i, RFID or no RFID, custom bezel color or standard..........
    Have you considered adding a connector to the touch panels that would allow the addition of RFID? This could be something similar to an SD card slot or something so that the upgrade could be easily performed, or it could be like the ICSNet adapter on an NI-3100 where it requires a little dis-assembly of the touch panel. I am wondering if more people would use it if it were actually able to be implemented? (Maybe I'll create a poll? :) )

I still need to play with this a little before I can decide if this solution could be useful enough to justify the expense. I am going to try a couple of ideas, but off hand, you could limit control of a fireplace to only touch panels that are within range of the fireplace. Same could be used to limit control of pool cover controls. The touch panel could automatically switch to control the room when you walk in. There could also be a last seen location of a remote/touch panel.

Jeff
  • Jimweir192Jimweir192 Posts: 502
    Spire_Jeff wrote: »
    Has anyone tried working with other RFID tags? Do you have to use the AMX RFID tags? I was hoping to affix a tag to touch panels and remotes, but the tags AMX has are a little big :)

Jeff

I was wondering the same, and found these via google... appearance and spec appears to indicate they may be compatible...

http://www.gaorfid.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=135
  • Anterus ANT-RDR transmission range adjustments

Hi ,
    I have a site where client wishes to use the Anterus to open the garage doors. Now the garage is not very spacious and the cars will have the RF tags. Now the clients wishes to limit the ANT-RDR transmission range to 4 m so that the cars in the garage will not open up the garage by mistake. Its written in the operating manual that the (Transmission Range: Up to 100 feet/30 meters (adjustable)). How do i adjust the range?

With regards
  • You adjust the range via the webpage that the module creates on the master.

It's been a while since I looked at this, but the details are in the manual
  • I just thought of something.... it would be nice if AMX were to upgrade all of the touch panels and remotes to be RFID enabled. I am guessing that the bulk of the RFID tags is in their batteries. There has to be a way to tie an RFID tag to the battery power within a touch panel. I will determine the use of such an idea as I play with my new anterus reader