Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Create Button? Modify X Y coordinates of a button?

I have a requirement on a Vista Systems Spyder to keep the panel preview in sync with the output. Meaning I need transparent buttons where the workstation displays will be. Upon selecting the display (transparent button) I will popup a list of inputs to select. I will have to count how many layers, figure out the x / y, perform offset and create transparent buttons on the page. I'm trying to do this dynamically so the presets can change and the panels files don't have to be updated.

So you cannot modify an X / Y coordinate of a button. I'm told you can create a new button programmatically and specify the X / Y coordinates? Non documented api call?

I don't think it can be done at this point.

Comments

• ColzieColzie Posts: 470
    You can not create a button from nothing, but you can change x, y, width, height of existing buttons.

http://amxforums.com/showpost.php?p=41455&postcount=20
  • Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    You could just put a joystick button over the entire display image and then use the coordinates touched to do what you need.

Jeff
  • HedbergHedberg Posts: 671
    You can also show and hide buttons with either ^BMF or ^SHO. So, you can make buttons appear and disappear and you can position them and you can change just about any attribute with ^BMF.