Home AMX User Forum AMX Design Tools

Mio-R4: control background lighting of hardbuttons

Hi out there,

do you know if there's any way to control which hardbuttons on Mio-R4 shall be backlit?

ie. I'd like to deactivate the background lighting of the UP and DOWN scroll arrows (below touchscreen) if the user is on a page where there's no scrolling.

Didn't find anything useful in Operation Reference or forum.

Comments

• TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    No there is not. I have asked around with AMX. All thought it would be a good feature though.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    No there is not. I have asked around with AMX. All thought it would be a good feature though.

this is a good feature request if you ask me. I just finished an install with them. they have the new TiVos. The new TiVos don't have an 'exit' button. The client keeps getting confused trying to hit the exit button. I tried substituting some other IR commands but they don't always work as expected. It'd be nice to just turn the back light off to help them remember.
  • jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    Lovely idea! Dynamically-lit hard buttons. This could really be helpful.
  • yes, I thought so. Unfortunately it won't work anytime soon. Let's hope there'll be a way to do this in future releases. I wonder why AMX hasn't already thought about this as you can "disable" the hardbuttons in TPDesign.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    yes, I thought so. Unfortunately it won't work anytime soon. Let's hope there'll be a way to do this in future releases. I wonder why AMX hasn't already thought about this as you can "disable" the hardbuttons in TPDesign.
    I imagine it's probably a single lighting source on a single diffusor. Breaking it out would probably cost a fortune.
  • Right, but at least the UP and DOWN arrows located in the toucharea are independent from the "real" hardbuttons. They do catch a lot of attention and I'd like to disable them when there's no pages to scroll.

Multiple colours would be great too, to match the colour scheme used on the LCD :-)