Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion

Touch panel inverted

Hello
My 12" VG panel displays everything inverted.
I updated the firmware and still the display including the admin screens are inverted. I can press buttons buy only if I press the top of the screen to select the bottom part buttons.

Any ideas before I call for tech support?

Comments

• jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    You can try recalibrating it, though I'm not entirely sure that'll fix it. I had the same problem (but on an MVP-8400), it wound up being the overlay & needed to be replaced.
  • I've had the same problem with a 12" panel. Sent back to AMX and had some parts replaced. I was thinking it was more than the overlay, but I could be wrong. Good as new now. Still a really strange problem I think.
  • joecjoec Posts: 55
    jjames wrote: »
    You can try recalibrating it, though I'm not entirely sure that'll fix it. I had the same problem (but on an MVP-8400), it wound up being the overlay & needed to be replaced.

Finally was able to recalibrate and now the button presses work great but still upside down. I flipped the touch panel over to temporary use and it works great until I send it in for repair. Just very strange that it stays inverted. I am thinking about reloading the TP with an inverted design..
  • yuriyuri Posts: 861
    there has always been an option in the panel setup pages to see the "Screen Rotation", but you weren't able to change it...
  • joecjoec Posts: 55
    yuri wrote: »
    there has always been an option in the panel setup pages to see the "Screen Rotation", but you weren't able to change it...

Is that option no longer there? I did not see it on the VG1200 panel
  • The firmware has no control over the direction of the graphics on this panel. Thus it would make sense that a firmware upgrade did not resolve the issue. There is a control line going to the display that indicates which direction data will be drawn. The display actually does the rotation. The only explanation is that the control line is either broken or not providing the proper signal level to the display. The only solution for this would be to return it to the factory and have it repaired.