Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Removing WebControl Panel

I've never actually used WebControl, and don't know much about it. A system we overhauled recently has a webcontrol panel loaded on the master. It no longer does anything (other than confuse the client). How do I remove it so that the customer can access the master's web interface?

Comments

• viningvining Posts: 4,368
    I've never fiddled w/ webcontrol either so this will strictly be a guess and give you something to try until someone else chimes in.

If webcontrol is using port 80 the master must have been configured no an alternate port like 8080 so if you know it you could log in and change the master back to port 80. If you don't know telnet in and view/change setting their.

Then pull what ever webcontrol code you have on the master. I assume their has to be something that creates the server that it uses. If you don't you'll likely piss off the master as the webcontrol tries to do it's IP_SERVER_OPEN on port 80 when the master's using it again. Nothing major would happen just possibly some erformance issues as the server keeps attempting to open, assuming that it won't give up trying.
  • Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    rfletcher wrote: »
    How do I remove it so that the customer can access the master's web interface?
    If you FTP into the master there should be a directory for the web panel. I think you just need to delete the directory to get rid of the panel. I think...it's been a while since I used a web panel.
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Joe Hebert wrote:
    If you FTP into the master there should be a directory for the web panel.
    I thought of that too but couldn't that just stay, although there would be no reason to keep it. It's got to have some sort of module or .axi to run in the code doesn't it? Shouldn't this file or module be the one that calls the server to open and interface with the HTML in the user file on the master?
  • Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    vining wrote: »
    It's got to have some sort of module or .axi to run in the code doesn't it? Shouldn't this file or module be the one that calls the server to open and interface with the HTML in the user file on the master?
    No, I don?t think there is a module or axi that runs the panel. You define a web panel like any other panel or maybe you combine it with a virtual device but there is no extra code. If you wipe out the directory the link for the panel will be gone from the NI master home page and you essentially take the panel offline. You shouldn?t have to modify any code.

I had a write up several years ago somewhere on the forum describing how to create a web panel but I really don?t remember all the specifics so don?t quote me on any of this. I?m lucky if I can remember what I did last week.
  • annuelloannuello Posts: 294
    From what I can remember, the G3 web panel is a collection of html pages and some .jar files. Presumably the .jar files (pre-written by AMX of course) are able to hook into the NetLinx runtime engine to present itself as a native device, which the html files then leverage to create the UI layer. Deleting the whole directory is sufficient - there are no modules or .axi dependencies.

Roger McLean
    Swinburne University
  • If I remember correctly, you would save your panel as HTML in TPD3. When that process finished, it would then give you the chance to FTP the files to the master. It would create a directory on the master that would show as a G3 panel when you get into the master's web page. It would basically show up just like the G4 panels do now.

To get rid of it the easiest method is to ftp to the master and delete the folder.