Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

Hardware related programming commands

I know that you can get the processor serial number using the get_serial_number() command. Does anyone know if there are any other commands that can gather information on the processor hardware? I am specifically looking for a command that gives me memory free and maybe even the current number of messages in the buffers. I am open to using either Duet or NetLinx to get this info, but I would rather not create a telnet session to the processor to get the data.

Thanks,
Jeff

Comments

• ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    I get this info currently. I'll dig around and see if the other stuff is available.

Netlinx Master InformationMANUFACTURER_STRING=AMX Corp.
    MANUFACTURER=1
    DE_ID_STRING=NI Master
    DEVICE_ID=299
    VERSION=v3.30.371
    FIRMWARE_ID=380
    SERIAL_NUMBER=***there was a serial number here***
    SOURCE_TYPE=6
    SOURCE_STRING=192.168.1.50

One could always telnet into oneself and get it that way too.
  • PhreaKPhreaK Posts: 966
    Any further advancemnt on this? I know about DHawthorne's DevTermLogger module, however I'm currently working on some system health monitoring reporting for RMS and just looking at all the options.

If having boxes telnet to themselves is still the only method anyone got any advice performance wise in regards to a persistant connection vs connecting every 30 seconds to get cpu and mem stats?

Thanks in advance.
  • @jeff

Here are some other documented commands to pull info off of the master, but I don't know of any that will get the info you're looking for.
    DUET_MEM_SIZE_GET
    Display the amount of memory allocated for Duet Java pool.

This is the current Java memory heap size as measured in Megabytes.

An example is a value of 5 = 5 MB.

GET_IP_ADDRESS
    Returns the TCP/IP configuration of the specified device. The configuration information includes DHCP/Static configuration, IP address, subnet mask, gateway, and host name.

SLONG GET_IP_ADDRESS(DEV Device,IP_ADDRESS_STRUCT IPAddress )

GET_DNS_LIST
    Returns the domain name and list of DNS server IP addresses that the specified device is programmed to utilize. The order of the returned list is the preferred server order.

SLONG GET_DNS_LIST(DEV Device,DNS_STRUCT DnsList )

GET_SYSTEM_NUMBER
    Returns the system number of the NetLinx Master.

INTEGER GET_SYSTEM_NUMBER( )

GET_TIMER
    This function returns an unsigned long integer representing the value currently held by the system timer. Time is measured in tenths of a second. The system timer is set to zero on power-up. For example:

SystemTime = GET_TIMER

GET_UNIQUE_ID
    Returns a 48-bit hardware constant that is guaranteed to be unique in the domain of NetLinx Masters.

CHAR[6] GET_UNIQUE_ID ( )

CLKMGR_GET_DAYLIGHTSAVINGS_OFFSET
    CLKMGR_GET_END_DAYLIGHTSAVINGS_RULE
    CLKMGR_GET_RESYNC_PERIOD
    CLKMGR_GET_START_DAYLIGHTSAVINGS_RULE
    CLKMGR_GET_TIMESERVERS
    CLKMGR_GET_TIMEZONE
    CLKMGR_IS_DAYLIGHTSAVINGS_ON

--John
  • For calls from NetLinx programs you can look through C:\Program Files\Common Files\AMXShare\AXIs\NetLinx.axi and see what calls in there might be of interest to you.
  • Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    Thanks for the info. I will check it out. I'm also going to take a peek at the Duet stuff to see if there is something there that might be of use.

Jeff