Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

OT: Windows 7 & AMX Programs

2»

Comments

• Options
    GSLogicGSLogic Posts: 562
    the8thst wrote: »
    I do have USB lan working with win7 (ultimate 32 bit). I think I had to install the USB Lan drivers in vista compatibility mode, and then add the firewall exceptions for NS2 and TPD4.

Thanks for the info, I will give it a try!
  • Options
    Did find one glitch with TP Design 4.11.619 and Windows 7: It does not always recognize fonts properly. The 2009 AMX Programmer Practical TP File.tp4 came out rather problematic as all AMX Icon 3 fonts had been substituted with some standard font and size and thus no icons were legible. Took me a few minutes to fix (looking at the same file in XP for reference), but beware with customer projects!
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Did find one glitch with TP Design 4.11.619 and Windows 7: It does not always recognize fonts properly. The 2009 AMX Programmer Practical TP File.tp4 came out rather problematic as all AMX Icon 3 fonts had been substituted with some standard font and size and thus no icons were legible. Took me a few minutes to fix (looking at the same file in XP for reference), but beware with customer projects!

My experience has been that if it runs up against one font that isn't installed, none of the subsequent fonts load either. I have no idea how it determines load order, but I had a job where several of the AMX fonts were subbed out for standard windows font where they were not the problem at all, but one custom job I had in there was. It used to be if you downloaded a panel file, any custom fonts automatically got installed in your system, but for obvious copyright abuse issues, they needed to fix that. But it was one of those that messed me up ... apparently, a design I downloaded had a font I never paid for, so when I switched computers, it wasn't there anymore and I had to hunt it down and buy it. In the long run, it was cheaper than going through my entire panel library substituting it out.
  • Options
    ronbronb Posts: 2
    Great Hyperterm Replacement FREE
    DHawthorne wrote: »
    I don't know if it's legit or not, but if you Google "Hyperterminal in Vista" you can find numerous links to a standalone download. I purchased a license from Hilgraeve myself, because I have found the licensed version seems to have less little glitches than the "free" one.

Extron has a great Hyperterm replacement it talks/receives ascii AND HEX (hyperterm didn't do hex very well). Extron site under Downloads. Cheers!
  • Options
    ronbronb Posts: 2
    Bigsquatch wrote: »
    Did you run the IREdit - System Files executable before you tried to install IREdit?

I just noticed it while browsing applications and it's description says:

This file will install all of the Windows components necessary to install and run IREdit v1.1. NOTE: IREdit System Files must be installed prior to installing the IREdit application.

This solved my issue in MS Windows 7, thanks! Still had to run the app in XP SP2 compatability mode.