Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Applications and Solutions

Problem communicating via RS-232 with Russound MCA-C5

Hello,

I am trying to communicate with a Russound MCA-C5 using RS-232, however there appears to be a problem with my code since I am getting no response from the system at all. Here is my code:

DATA_EVENT[dvRussound]
{
ONLINE:
{
SEND_COMMAND dvRussound, "'SET BAUD 19200,N,8,1'"
SEND_COMMAND dvRussound, "'HSOFF'" //TURN HARDWARE HARDSHAKING OFF
}
}

BUTTON_EVENT[dvTP_Russound, 1]
{
PUSH:
{
SEND_STRING dvRussound, "$F0, $00, $00, $7F, $00, $00, $70, $05, $02, $02, $00, $00, $F1, $23, $00, $01, $00, $00, $00, $01, $12, $F7"
}
}

According to the Russound serial protocol that string should turn on all the zones for controller id 00, however nothing is turn on. Does anyone have any experience working with Russound?. I would really appreciate some help.

Thank you.

Regards,

-Oscar

Comments

• I haven't worked with Russound and I don't have the protocol manual for the c series, but the cable should be just pins 2,3,5 hooked up and it should be in a straight-through configuration. Using more than those 3 pins could cause problems.

Code looks ok, are you sure you have the protocol correct? Not sure if this is the older protocol but a quick look at the 1.00.4 protocol shows All Zones On as:

$F0,$7E,$00,$7F,$00,$00,$71,$05,$02,$02,$00,$00,$F1,$22,$00,$01,$00,$00,$00,$01,$10,$F7

Also, I would try sending the command using Netlinx Diagnostics.

--John
  • I haven't worked with Russound and I don't have the protocol manual for the c series, but the cable should be just pins 2,3,5 hooked up and it should be in a straight-through configuration. Using more than those 3 pins could cause problems.

Code looks ok, are you sure you have the protocol correct? Not sure if this is the older protocol but a quick look at the 1.00.4 protocol shows All Zones On as:

$F0,$7E,$00,$7F,$00,$00,$71,$05,$02,$02,$00,$00,$F1,$22,$00,$01,$00,$00,$00,$01,$10,$F7

Also, I would try sending the command using Netlinx Diagnostics.

--John

Hello John,

Thank you so much for your help, well according to the manual I have all zones up should be that code, but I will double check on that and the cable wiring. Additionally I don't suppose the spaces between the hex values is a problem?. Is "$F0,$7E.." the same as "$F0, $7E.."?.

-Oscar
  • OscarMK wrote: »
    Hello John,

Thank you so much for your help, well according to the manual I have all zones up should be that code, but I will double check on that and the cable wiring. Additionally I don't suppose the spaces between the hex values is a problem?. Is "$F0,$7E.." the same as "$F0, $7E.."?.

-Oscar

Just finished working on one of these myself, Ensure your baud settings are correct in the system software for the unit as well, i believe theres an option to change it from a certain mode to another control method, i actually got mine working with 115200 baud, and just using pins 2,3 & 5 ...