Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Sony BDP-CX7000ES

Greetings,

Anyone play with controlling the Sony 400-disc Blu-Ray player serially yet?

Thanks.

Comments

• DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Researching it now. I just got a customer who's Escient-controlled DVD changer dropped dead,and I'm told this is what he's replacing it with (eliminating the Escient as media controller).
  • I have one in house, but haven't been able to get the unit to talk to the AMX module.

I admittedly haven't had a lot of time to work on this, but so far it's not working.

Brad
  • TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    DHawthorne wrote: »
    Researching it now.

Do you have a protocol document?
    Do you have a protocol document?

I didn't yesterday ... but I do now :). It's a rather terse document, clearly leaked from Sony, and is going to take some figuring out. There are some example strings, so I figure the packet format is this:

$02, <bytes in command, excluding checksum>, <command>, <data byte(s)>, <checksum>

I haven't taken apart the checksum to verify the format, but they provide it in the example strings. I also didn't see mention of baud rate, etc., bit I didn't dig through the entire thing yet either. Nor am I likely too right away either; I'm going with RS232 for my upcoming project.
    DHawthorne wrote: »
    $02, <bytes in command, excluding checksum>, <command>, <data byte(s)>, <checksum>

That is their standard format. I just did some work for an ES receiver. Much the same.
    Start by enabling the broadcast mode. With the ES receivers, it makes the unit provide unsolicited feedback.... One of my favorite Sony features!

Just read over the doc. Same story as receivers. I have some functions for string creation that I used for receiver. If they are relevant, I will post them.
  • mhoeymhoey Posts: 1
    Baud Rate?

Having trouble getting feedback from the unit -- it seems to be controlling fine though -- one thing i didnt see in the docs was a baud rate -- what are you using to control it?
    I wound up using IR. Budget was already too tight on that project, and since the on-screen is more than reasonable, we just left it at that. So ... no answer to the baud rate question from me.