Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads Residential Forum

Phone Control

I have a Lutron HW TEL9 that has died and its an old piece of equipment. Lutron is building me a new one and is having trouble locating parts.
Is there any way that AMX can do the same thing ie with hardware and programing.
I have a AMX vacation button and a bathtub on off button via AMX through Lutron. We can easily bypass Lutron.
Even in todays day and age sometimes the web browser is NOT available but the phone is.
ANY IDEAS???

Comments

• Depends. What exactly is a TEL 9?!? :)

And more importantly, what functionality did it provide that you need duplicated?

- Chip
  • I will try explain as best as I can.
    A HW-TEL9 is a unit that is hooked up to a phone line (Bypasses your phone system) and the Lutron processor. It is setup with a password. It enables me to dial up that number, press the password and activate 9 different preset activities.
    One of the things that we did was assign a relay in Lutron to an I/0 port on Netlinx. When I activate that relay there is a function called AMX Vacation which puts the house into vacation mode ie thermostats, lights, drapes, mail notifications of various activities. Many times I forget to do that before leaving the house. A simple phone call on the way to the airport gets it going.
    Hope you understand what Im trying to say
  • AMX Australia has a box that accepts SMS messages...
  • I actually will be in Sydney in December. What is the part number and where are you located? Does AMX USA have the same part available I wonder
  • AVT-SMS-GSM is what it used to be called. They might call is something else now because they are no longer called AV Technology.

AMX Australia is on the Gold Coast (SE Queensland).
  • glr-ftiglr-fti Posts: 286
    I have a new in the box Tel9 if you are interested.
  • Is it a HW, not a HWI?? I am interested.
  • glr-ftiglr-fti Posts: 286
    Sorry, it is a HWI. I missed that earlier.
  • VladaPUBVladaPUB Posts: 138
    I have used SMS gateway (more thatn 50 pieces) installed in appartments, connected to NI700 over RS232.

You have posilibity to send/receive SMS and to pharse received. It have filter inside (programibile) so you can filter incoming sms messages. You just need to put SIM card inside and to plug it to power, it works extra !

You can use any incoming SMS as event. It also can work with GPRS data transfer, but I did not test it.

Price is around 180 euros for one device including power supply, antena and rs232 cable.

If you need aditional info send me mail to vladapub@gmail.com
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Serious necropost there :) This thread has been inactive for nearly 2 1/2 years.
  • mpullinmpullin Posts: 949
    DHawthorne wrote: »
    Serious necropost there :) This thread has been inactive for nearly 2 1/2 years.
    :-o I agree.
  • VladaPUBVladaPUB Posts: 138
    Sorry, did not see date !