Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

Pioneer Elite PRO150FH

I'm looking to see if anyone has used the RS232C Port on this display? It say for factory use only on the manual.

Comments

• Options
    Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    I?ve used the RS-232 port on several Pioneer Pro Elites including the 150FD (can?t find a reference to a 150FH anywhere) without issue.
    Here is a link to the RS-232 protocol for all Pioneer plasmas and from this same page you can get the RS-232 protocol and IR codes for all Pioneer products.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Home+Entertainment+Custom+Install/RS-232+Codes/ch.Plasma+Displays.Default

I thought I read that Pioneer is getting out of the display business or maybe it was Panasonic. It was one of the manufactures that starts with a P.
  • Options
    iainshawiainshaw Posts: 133
    It's Pioneer who are going

which is a heck of a shame really
  • Options
    Follow up on Pioneer

Hey - a question on the pioneer codes listed on the page Joe referenced above. How do you convert those to an irl file?

I see things like AA5A+AA7A which is not exactly pronto - what does it all mean?
  • Options
    Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    JohnMichnr wrote: »
    Hey - a question on the pioneer codes listed on the page Joe referenced above. How do you convert those to an irl file?

I see things like AA5A+AA7A which is not exactly pronto - what does it all mean?
    Instead of grabbing a file that is linked as something like this:
    PRO-150FD IR

Look for the one like this:
    PRO-151FD IR & Hex Codes

The latter is a zip file that contains the hex code translation.
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Pioneer is already out of the display business, inasmuch as they don't manufacture the panels anymore. They still assemble TV/monitors and put their name on the product though, and I haven't heard they have any plans to change that.