Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

ISE 2010 - New Products

New products have been announced.
I guess I answered my own question...
http://www.amx.com/products/categoryNewProducts.asp

Anyone have any thoughts?

I was looking at the TV Dist System and thinking that it might be cool if they offered integrated tuners in some of their touch panels. It would also be cool if they offered a tuner that accepted component/composite inputs. This is promising... but I think I will have to view the online training to make sure I am interpreting the device functions properly :)

The digital signage box is also rather cool. I think I have a cool idea for it... now I just need to see it shipping and then see if any customers like the idea enough to pay for it :)

The Vision2 stuff sounds cool, but nothing I deal with at this time. Same goes for the new keypads.

Jeff

Comments

• ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    ho hum for us. we're not in those balywichs. ourselves...
  • jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    I see nothing that interests me.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I'm definitely meh on this one. Like Eric, I'm not in those markets.
  • The keypad interested me enough to read the description all the way down to "simplified programming", but that's about it.
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    I see no joy on the resi front. Some of the stuff looks cool and I'd love to be in the market that could use it but alas I am not. At times I think doing some of these large commercial projects could be way cool but that will have to wait for my next life.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    vining wrote: »
    I see no joy on the resi front. Some of the stuff looks cool and I'd love to be in the market that could use it but alas I am not. At times I think doing some of these large commercial projects could be way cool but that will have to wait for my next life.

I've done both resi and commercial. They both have their moments. So, far resi has yielded the highest 'cool factor' and a much higher MLPD rating by far. (MLPD=More Lights Per Dollar)
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Yeah, I hear but at times I think it would be cool to run an entire complex like Disney World. Forget the money aspect, just the years dealing with one giant project coming up with crazy $hit to try all the time. Of course after one of my crazy schemes goes awry killing dozens of visitors it probably wouldn't be fun any more. But then I could try it out on the prison system, that could be cool too and I'd have nothing but free time anyway. :)
  • travtrav Posts: 188
    Spire_Jeff wrote: »
    New products have been announced.
    I was looking at the TV Dist System and thinking that it might be cool if they offered integrated tuners in some of their touch panels. It would also be cool if they offered a tuner that accepted component/composite inputs.

The VG panels will 'tune' it as it is delivered as an MPEG stream, well the DVB is and I assume the US equivalent will be delivered as and MPEG stream as well. The Panels work well with Vision 2 and I've used a 1700VG to demo the live digital TV to the panel at a few trade shows in Australia.

The DTV stuff is quite cool as well.

If you want any more info, just ask.
  • Take a closer look...

...at the IS-SPX-1000 Inspired Signage Player.

Note its small size and media file decoding capability and start to use you your imagination a bit. ;)

http://www.amx.com/products/IS-SPX-1000.asp
  • Jorde_VJorde_V Posts: 393
    B_Clements wrote: »
    ...at the IS-SPX-1000 Inspired Signage Player.

Note its small size and media file decoding capability and start to use you your imagination a bit. ;)

http://www.amx.com/products/IS-SPX-1000.asp

You do realize this is just a spinetix right? Even the software is the same, amx just put their own casing around the player itself.

http://www.spinetix.com/

It was fun getting them to admit that it is a spinetix xD. They kept trying to deny it until they couldn't anymore :)
  • Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    Any idea if AMX is writing/modifying the software in the unit to add functionality?

Jeff
  • iainshawiainshaw Posts: 133
    Just got back from ISE - feeling a bit flat

None of our three core control providers (AMX, Lutron or Kaleidescape) had much to offer in the way of news. However, only one of those three decided to dress up their booth party invite as an exclusive opportunity to come and see the great, new, secret stuff that they couldn't tell us about.

I'm pretty disappointed. Could someone from AMX tell me what on earth was so secret or earth shattering about the stuff on that stand? Thanks for the beers, thanks for the opportunity to meet other dealers. All that stuff is great but it was just a booth party and you really shouldn't try and hoodwink the people you rely on to sell, spec and implement your solutions. We ( a group of dealers from Northern England) spent the evening afterward comparing it with other stuff we'd seen done well. How's that for an own goal?
  • Jorde_VJorde_V Posts: 393
    Spire_Jeff wrote: »
    Any idea if AMX is writing/modifying the software in the unit to add functionality?

Jeff

They are modifying it slightly, but if it's more than a logo/text change I couldn't say.