Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Applications and Solutions

Upgrading TPD

I am still using TPD 2.9.0 because it was the most stable TPD I have used so far but I have to design a template for the 435 touch panel which will force me to use a later version unless there is a way to do it with 2.9.0. I don't like the new interface of 2.11 and you can't change it from that gradient gray to a standard look (who thought using gradients on a toolbar was a great idea???). Does the latest version still have that unchangeable look and feel (Office 2003) and is it stable? 2.9.0 never crashes, and its bugs are very minor so I don't want to switch to 2.11 if it means an unstable installation, and I never really saw the huge benefit to 2.11. If I can design a 435 on 2.9.0 that might be the best situation all round.
Your opinions are appreciated.
Paul

Comments

• jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    I've ran the latest through XP & Vista (both 32-bit) and now in Win 7 (64-bit) and it's ran fine on all.

Very stable with my usage.
  • You can edit the PPF XML file in Common Files to add the 435 resolution, whether it will let you download the TP file to the panel using TP4, but you could just use NS for that.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I keep TPD up to date so I can still access all the new panel features that come out. 2.11 is stable - I'm no great fan of the draggable panes or toolbar styling either, but this is a tool to me, not something I have to be pleased with the cosmetics of.
  • a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    DHawthorne wrote: »
    I keep TPD up to date so I can still access all the new panel features that come out. 2.11 is stable - I'm no great fan of the draggable panes or toolbar styling either, but this is a tool to me, not something I have to be pleased with the cosmetics of.

Sure enough, after having no program crashes for months, as soon as I upgrade TPD and NS, both are randomly crashing quite often. Hard to believe these issues are still happening this long into the evolution of these programs. This isn't a beta anymore. Disappointing...
    Paul
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    a_riot42 wrote: »
    Sure enough, after having no program crashes for months, as soon as I upgrade TPD and NS, both are randomly crashing quite often. Hard to believe these issues are still happening this long into the evolution of these programs. This isn't a beta anymore. Disappointing...
    Paul

There must be something particular to your setup ... I haven't had any crashes at all since the last release.
  • I've been running 2.11.0 build 619 on Windows 7 and it's never crashed on me. Mine was a fresh install after I replaced the OS.

--John
  • ColzieColzie Posts: 470
    I've been running 2.11.0 build 619 on Windows 7 and it's never crashed on me. Mine was a fresh install after I replaced the OS.

--John

I'm on the same TPD4 version and also Win7 since October 09. I can't recall even one crash, and I use it every day.
  • a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    Colzie wrote: »
    I'm on the same TPD4 version and also Win7 since October 09. I can't recall even one crash, and I use it every day.

Interesting I will have to look into this. I am running XP SP3 on a corporate image and both NS and TPD have been crashing like crazy, usually right before a transfer is done.
    Paul