Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Bang & Olufsen - Any experience

with thier home theater products. Easy to integrate? hard.

Just picking brains...
e

Comments

• Pep_SDPep_SD Posts: 106
    I have one integration waiting for to be confirmed...
    Here is a link I was given - you'll find what is apparently an AMX module along with a C***tron one (under "3rd party driver") and documentation:
    http://mlgw.bang-olufsen.dk

I'll be interested to get your own perspective on this.
    Thanks!
  • I work with B&O all the time - mainly BeoSystem3 setups. It is a bit of a pain depending on what B&O setup you have and what you want to do with it.

The Masterlink Gateway is a new device (I've yet to see one) which should make things easier. Your other option is from Lintronic which is very well supported and is far better than straight IR control.

If IR is the only option, then look at the RTI megalist - tons of discreet commands, but you have to test as many aren't what they appear to be...
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Thanks all!

That's very helpful info.

cheers!
    e
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I was approached by B&O to develop a NetLinx control suite a few years ago. It didn't even get to the negotiating phase before they summarily informed me they decided to go with a C-tron exclusive instead.

So, they clearly have a controller-compatible system. Whether you can actually get your hands on the protocol is the question though.
  • iainshawiainshaw Posts: 133
    Second the RTI IR database

I'd second having a look at the RTI IR database if you have to go down the IR route. We've found the discreet codes to be pretty reliable once you've worked out which is which. The ones we have had one or two issues with are the volume + / - commands. The ramp up / down speeds can be remarkably fast.