Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion

Input from panel

In programmer 2 we were shown how to recieve input from the panel as one string. I am trying to remember how to do it. I opened up my programs from training to double check but stillnothing. My keypad is setup as text entry and is working. They show up in the text entry box correctly. But when I press done it clears the box but does not send anything to the master. If I remeber correctly it should show up in the notifications tab with a 'keyp-1234'. The notifications are turned on. Any ideas or am I forgetting to do something?

Comments

• ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    stings come back from the panel on device: port 1: system.

Set up a data_event[dvTP_1] and parse data.text
  • One thing that you should know is that strings from devices won't show up in the notifications window unless a string event handler is created in the data event for the device. See the code below for an example.
    data_event[dvTP]
    {
         string:
         {
         }
    }

Having something like that will enable you to see the string come back and you can add your parsing in that string event.
  • jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    One thing that you should know is that strings from devices won't show up in the notifications window unless a string event handler is created in the data event for the device. See the code below for an example.

Is this something new? I know I've seen this as of late, but I could have swore that this was not always the case. I spent the longest time, looking at the port, watching it blink - and looking at notifications to only see NOTHING! I spent at least 30-45 minutes trying to figure out what was wrong.
  • I'm not sure how new it is, but I know I've done the same thing. I know I'm recieving the string back, but not seeing anything in notifications and don't until I make that change. I only knew about it because of something I saw here on the forums.