Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio

NS3 accel keys changed?

I really have no idea why programmers do this, but in NS3 they decided to change the accelerator keys for comments, numbering, clipboards etc. All those accelerator keys were embedded in my muscle memory and I never had to think about them. Now none of them work! Why do they do this to users!!
Paul

Comments

• Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    I?m not sure if you already know but you can change them to whatever you want under settings --> preferences --> keyboard.
    a_riot42 wrote: »
    I really have no idea why programmers do this, but in NS3 they decided to change the accelerator keys for comments, numbering, clipboards etc. All those accelerator keys were embedded in my muscle memory and I never had to think about them. Now none of them work! Why do they do this to users!!
    Paul
  • a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    Joe Hebert wrote: »
    I?m not sure if you already know but you can change them to whatever you want under settings --> preferences --> keyboard.

There is no way to change the comment-uncomment to Alt+E+O or Numbering to Alt+E+M the way the original menus were accelerated.
    Paul
  • Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    a_riot42 wrote: »
    There is no way to change the comment-uncomment to Alt+E+O or Numbering to Alt+E+M the way the original menus were accelerated.
    Paul
    I see what you are saying. The menuing has been changed with 3.0. I?m not sure if it?s all that uncommon as a software package advances but I hear where you are coming from.

As an alternative, if you can train your muscle memory to eliminate one step you can setup similar shorter shortcut keys (which has been moved to settings --> customize --> keyboard with 3.0.) and you don?t have to watch menus flash on the screen.

I believe the following should be available:

Comment-Uncomment
    Instead of
    ALT+E+O
    Drop the E and setup
    ALT+O

Renumber:
    Instead of
    Alt+E+M
    Drop the E and setup
    Alt+M
  • a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    Joe Hebert wrote: »
    Iz
    I believe the following should be available:

Comment-Uncomment
    Instead of
    ALT+E+O
    Drop the E and setup
    ALT+O

Renumber:
    Instead of
    Alt+E+M
    Drop the E and setup
    Alt+M

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm sure I will find something that will work, but that isn't the point. I just don't see why I should have to. Its like changing around the keys on someone's piano.
    Paul