Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Modules & Duet Modules
Options

Intercom Module with 2 masters

Hello,

I have a little problem with the Netlinx Intercom module ( version 1.6 )
I have 2 NI-3100 and a master 2 master communication.
Have many TP's with intercom.

Now I have 1 part of the panels running on system 1 and the other part on system 2.

It's working, but not as it should be... I don't get button feedback on the panels of system 2.

If you press a panel and press "Make Call" the other panel response with a popup. But I doesn't get
a channel feedback on the panel on system 2. The panels on system 1 is perfect working with the channel feedback ( example "Call Privacy On" ,ect )

What I doing wrong??

Comments

• Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    You do have to declare the device connected on the other master in the master running the module.

If we assume master 1 is system 1 and master 2 is system 2...
    It might look something like

dv_TP_1_submaster = 10001:01:02

You might check to see what's declared.
  • Options
    nielsynielsy Posts: 32
    I have it like this :

dvTP10021_intercom = 10021:1:1
    dvTP10022_intercom = 10022:1:1
    dvTP10023_intercom = 10023:1:1
    dvTP10024_intercom = 10024:1:1
    dvTP10025_intercom = 10025:1:1
    dvTP10026_intercom = 10026:1:2
    dvTP10027_intercom = 10027:1:2
    dvTP10028_intercom = 10028:1:2
    dvTP10029_intercom = 10029:1:2

ect

System 1 = Master 1 and
    System 2 = Master 2

Do you mean it like this?

I already worked with the intercom module and everything worked fine,
    but in those project where only 1 NI controller
  • Options
    brdb24brdb24 Posts: 18
    Intercom Master to Master

Nielsy, I am seeing the same problem. What did you end up doing to get it to work? The panels call each other and the paging functionality seems to work just fine, however, the feedback for the panels does not appear to be correct. Anyone else used the intercom module and had luck with using the intercom between masters?

Thanks!
  • Options
    a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    nielsy wrote: »
    I have it like this :

dvTP10021_intercom = 10021:1:1
    dvTP10022_intercom = 10022:1:1
    dvTP10023_intercom = 10023:1:1
    dvTP10024_intercom = 10024:1:1
    dvTP10025_intercom = 10025:1:1
    dvTP10026_intercom = 10026:1:2
    dvTP10027_intercom = 10027:1:2
    dvTP10028_intercom = 10028:1:2
    dvTP10029_intercom = 10029:1:2

Is this duplicated on both masters? Are your virtuals set up similarly?
    Paul
  • Options
    I did something similar to what you did below on both masters. With regard to the virtuals, did you use the system number when you specified them as well on each master or did you just use 0? I have tried both and the feedback still seems a little strange.

So on Master 1 and 2 for the real TP's you had:
    10001:1:1
    10002:1:2

For the virtuals, did you have this on both masters to keep a local virtual of a TP:

33001:1:0
    33002:1:0

or this so that the virtual TP for each system resides on the same system as the real TP.

33001:1:1
    33002:1:2
  • Options
    In the strictest sense, the NI master is not really involved in the calls. They are just sending the commands to the panels to do their thing. I run this in multiple masters all the time with no problem. However, I do not try to run the module on multiple masters. There's no need.

You only need run the module on one master, connect the other master(s) using Master-to-master communication and then make sure you address the TPs connected to the other master in the code on the first master.

So, (assumming Netlinx Master system numbers of 1 and 2)

you might see somehting like this on the master with the module running.

dvTP1 =10001:01:1 //TP connected to master system 1
    dvTP2 = 10002:01:1 //TP connected to master system 1
    dvTP3 = 10001:01:2 //TP connected to master system 2
    dvTP4 = 10002:01:2 //TP connected to master system 2

My guess is that if you're trying to run the module on two masters, the feedback is conflicitng. Master 1 might thing a page is going on while master 2 doesn't know it. You might even notice the feedback button is flickering (going on and off real fast)

Just a thought.
  • Options
    ok, that makes sense. I started thinking about the fact that if I ran the module on multiple masters then each one would be trying to place the call or page or etc when it saw the touch panel button push.

The concern I have is that for this project there are 6 masters and each one is in a different building, so if the master I am running the intercom code on goes down, then the intercom functionality will be lost for all locations. I wonder if I wouldn't be better off trying to manage the intercom functionality locally on each system and then using send commands or something else of that sort to indicate to the other system that a call or page is coming in, etc. Anyone else have any other ideas for a situation like this?
  • Options
    brdb24 wrote: »
    ok, that makes sense. I started thinking about the fact that if I ran the module on multiple masters then each one would be trying to place the call or page or etc when it saw the touch panel button push.

The concern I have is that for this project there are 6 masters and each one is in a different building, so if the master I am running the intercom code on goes down, then the intercom functionality will be lost for all locations. I wonder if I wouldn't be better off trying to manage the intercom functionality locally on each system and then using send commands or something else of that sort to indicate to the other system that a call or page is coming in, etc. Anyone else have any other ideas for a situation like this?

I could see that working as well. Here again, the module is only issuing commands and managing semi-phoney bloney feedback. That woold not tax a system.

One thing about the different buildings thing. Hopeuflly, you a) are still on the same subnet so you can do multi-cast and b) if not a) then not needing system-wide paging. (page all)
  • Options
    John PaulJohn Paul Posts: 143
    intercom module with 7 masters

I got a scenario where i have 7 ni3100 and 27 intercom touch panels , 5 Metecoms. If i put the intercom module in the 7th master, it works fine. Now if i put it in masters like 6 or 4, it doesnt work. I havent tried putting in the master 1. Is there a rule for where the intercom module should be put . Has anyone made an intercom module similar to the AMX module. I would love to have that.