Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Modules & Duet Modules

Sonance iPort Module v3.2

hello frenz,

I'm not able to use the Sonance iPort Module v3.2 which I downloaded from www.iPortmusic.com.
The communication is OK but the module alone doesn?t seem to be working. According to the document only the Touch panel and NI controller should be correctly addressed.(I?m using 5200i TP and NI 2100 controller). In the notification I don?t see any information send to 10001:20:0(ie, 5200i TP).
The information the module is passing is

Line 1973 (14:33:28):: String To [5002:1:2]-[*I$00$03<<?$FD]
Line 1974 (14:33:28):: String From [5002:1:2]-[*I$00$04<<8$01$02]
Line 1975 (14:33:28):: String To [33015:1:2]-[UI_MODE=1]
Line 1976 (14:33:28):: String From [33015:1:2]-[UI_MODE=1]
Line 1978 (14:33:33):: Command From [33015:1:2]-[GET_PLAY_STATUS?]
Line 1979 (14:33:33):: String To [5002:1:2]-[*I$00$038< ]
Line 1980 (14:33:33):: String From [5002:1:2]-[*I$00$0C8<!$00$00$00$00$00$00$00$00$00$16]
Line 1981 (14:33:33):: String To [33015:1:2]-[PLAY_STATUS=0]

The information is send only to 33015:1:2 and 5002:1:2
There is no information sent to 10001:20:2.

Has anyone used this module..
Do I have to edit any lines in the UI module for this to happen.

I have used another iPort module which is available in AMX inConcert 'Sonance_iPort_v1_0_2_dr1_0_0'. but this was working fine except with few issues like i was not able getting feedback of time track.

Looking forward from you. Thank you

Comments

• DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I've used that exact module as recently as last week, and it's fine. There are a few "gotchas" in it you have to watch for though.

There is a button press necessary to activate feedback on the panel, which is done to limit traffic when it's not actually displayed. The stock module uses button channel 142 to turn it on, and 143 to turn it off. If you aren't using their panel design, you probably overlooked this. It's not on the actual device pages, it's the button that calls the device pages up.

I have also found that the latest generation of this dock doesn't always recognize the iPod right away. I've had to un-dock and re-dock the test Nano I carry around several times before it came up. I have no idea if it's in the dock, or my ancient Nano, but if you don't see the iPort logo on your iPod after docking it, it's not talking to the dock yet. Re-dock it.
  • yuriyuri Posts: 861
    DHawthorne wrote: »
    I've used that exact module as recently as last week, and it's fine. There are a few "gotchas" in it you have to watch for though.

There is a button press necessary to activate feedback on the panel, which is done to limit traffic when it's not actually displayed. The stock module uses button channel 142 to turn it on, and 143 to turn it off. If you aren't using their panel design, you probably overlooked this. It's not on the actual device pages, it's the button that calls the device pages up.

I have also found that the latest generation of this dock doesn't always recognize the iPod right away. I've had to un-dock and re-dock the test Nano I carry around several times before it came up. I have no idea if it's in the dock, or my ancient Nano, but if you don't see the iPort logo on your iPod after docking it, it's not talking to the dock yet. Re-dock it.

I have had the same issue with my iPod Classic. Wouldn't dock right away, after removing the RS232 connector it would dock again...
  • Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    In my mind, there is only one iPort module. That module is the NetLinx Version from AMX. That module works well and I have 5 instances of it on one processor and it works flawlessly.

Jeff
  • RajRaj Posts: 53
    Hello DHawthrone,

Thanks for the reply. it had helped me get the feedback.
    but now i have issue with the R4 where i 'm not getting the feedback on R4
    i have added the R4 according to what the doc along with the module had asked me to do. the procedure,

1) defined R4 with its base port as 1001:1:2 (even though i 'm using port 20 for iport)
    2) defined an additional virtual device vdvR4iPort = 33020:20:0 (since i m using port 20 for iport)
    vdvR4 = 33020:1:0 (by default in module)
    3) devIPORT_TPs1[] = {....,.....,vdvR4iPort,.....)
    4) VOLATILE INTEGER nR4_DMS_PORT1 = 20
    // Port in use for the R4 or the DMS for the first iPort - change this to match the Channel and Address port used on the R4 or the DMS

Do i have to do any other changes in this module..
    Note: I have pulsed chanel 142 on TP aswell as R4

in the notification I can see tht the information is beeing exchnaged between the virtual R4.
    Hello,

again the dumbest mistake i could ever do. I was not getting the R4 feedback because i was using the smart home.tp4 UI which i got from the forum where the channels no. were different. now i'm using the UI which i got along with the module.

There is another issue that I?m facing where there is no data showing in the playlist of the R4(iPort Menu Page of R4). When I change the port on the R4. If we are using the default port which is 1 then it works. I would like to use another port instead of 1 as I have already used for other purpose

1) I created two virtual device as I ?m using port no. 20 instead of port 1(by default).
    vdvR4_A_1 = 33020:1:0
    vdvR4_A_iPort = 33020:20:0 //virtual device for R4 port controlling the iPort
    2) I included vdvR4_A_iPort in
    VOLATILE DEV devIPORT_TPs1[] = {dvTP_MVP8400,dvTP_CV10,vdvR4_A_iPort,dvDMS1,dvDMS2,dvTP_G3,dvTPLibraryiPort,dvTPDrawingiPort} //iPort Control UI Devices for first iPort - notice the R4's Virtual Device
    3) I included vdvR4_A_1 in
    DEFINE_MODULE 'AMX_R4_Comm_Mod' mdlAMX_R4_Comm_Mod_A (vdvR4_A_1,dvMIO_R4) //Module Definition for R4 A
    4) The below step is not mentioned in the doc along with the module. In the module it has been asked to do so. Please confirm if this step is required.
    I changed the value of nR4_DMS_PORT1 = 20 // Port in use for the R4 or the DMS for the first iPort - change this to match the Channel and Address port used on the R4 or the DMS. // I also kept is as the default port and also tried

One thing i have noticed is that iPort Menu page is a list page which i cannot edit.
    Please tell me whether i have to do anything else.
    Hi,
    I was able to get the feedback on to the R4. The issue was when I copied the pages from the template which was provided with the module for some reason exact copying didnt happen. i still dont understand which part of it didnt copy the right way. I understood this when i looked at one of the button which was supposed to have a TEXT in a different font and when i copied it the text was missing from which i think the font was not supported in my template. then i copied all the pages from my template to the template which came along with the module which solved the issue for which i was not getting the feedback.
    Wish i understood what went wrong when i copied.
    Note : I used control A. :)