Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Applications and Solutions

tp link tp ip for control

I've given up trying to control a ded micros dvr.

anyone know if it's possible to have a tp page that goes to the servers web utilty and control live.

I know its do-able via RTI web panels and music servers

Comments

• truetrue Posts: 307
    If you mean using a touchpanel to render the web interface, no.

(Hopefully this will change soon due to some...work I'm doing.)
  • PhreaKPhreaK Posts: 966
    The AMX panels can not locally render a web page as they are not a browsing device, they are a dedicated control interface. You can however get the AMX master to talk to the device through its web page if it doesn't present any other form of API. Once your doing this you can integrate any control options required with the interface you design for the AMX panel.

Have a read through this thread for some discussion on interfacing with devices through their web interfaces.
  • SamkAMXSamkAMX Posts: 29
    when i go to cam server web utilty there are buttons on bottom (for control of cameras) and then there's a window for camera viewing in which Java starts to view cameras.

I dont care about seeing the java window on tp but i would like to be able to select the buttons.

Also what software would allow me to see what commands are going out from dvr when a button is pushed.
    Since this is connected to an ethernet switch im thinking this is possible

thanks for the link, ill check it out!
    i found this string that worked for a different server but he said it worked:

send_string camera,"'GET axis-cgi/com/ptz.cgi?camera=1&move=right HTTP/1.1',13,10,'HOST: 192.168.0.202',13,10,13,10"

here's a command from my dedicated micros protocol doc:
    Switch to PiP http:// <IP Address>/mci.cgi?command=M\SEC_MODE\07

so should this work then
    send_string camera,":mci.cgi?command=M\SEC_MODE\07 HTTP/1.1',13,10,'HOST: 192.168.0.202',13,10,13,10"

does HTTP/1.1 ever change
    is host ip the ip of netlinx master

heree's code, looks ok in diag port opens successfully but i never see anytrhing coming back to me from camera
    push:
    {
    local_var pChan
    pChan = button.input.channel
    IP_CLIENT_OPEN (7,'192.168.0.140',80,1)
    send_command vdvDvr,"'sending to cam ',camBuffer" // for diagnostics
    wait 5
    switch(pChan)
    {
    case 46: send_string 0:7:0, "camBuffer" // populate cam buffer with different strings for testing
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    SamkAMX wrote: »
    when i go to cam server web utilty there are buttons on bottom (for control of cameras) and then there's a window for camera viewing in which Java starts to view cameras.

I dont care about seeing the java window on tp but i would like to be able to select the buttons.

Also what software would allow me to see what commands are going out from dvr when a button is pushed.
    Since this is connected to an ethernet switch im thinking this is possible

thanks for the link, ill check it out!

Wireshark is very useful for looking at network traffic.

The AMX master is not capable of doing web pages. What we've figured out over the years is how to fake out the web server into thinking the AMX master is a web client. This is the only way to control anything web based.

A normal web conversation is:

Web Client opens port 80 on web server.
    Web server waits for a short while for a string from web client.
    Web client sends a string with a header telling the server what kind of machine and browser version it is as well as a 'GET' command asking for a file in such and so place on the server.

If the server is okay with the browser version and can find the file in question, it sends it along with any other linked files (graphics, etc..) then closes the connection.

What I'd do is run a Wireshark session on your PC and operate the camera and make note of what string is being sent to the web server (DVR) and try sending the same things from the AMX master.
    The server will send the file
    cool ill give it a try.

thanks for the help guys.