Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Applications and Solutions

firmware on NI-700????

I tried uploading the firmware but it says i have 0 memory for it. i do have a program loaded on it.

solutions? I tried figuring out how to dump its memory but i couldnt seem to find how. is it because I do have a program loaded on it?

Comments

• ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    adcantrell wrote: »
    I tried uploading the firmware but it says i have 0 memory for it. i do have a program loaded on it.

solutions? I tried figuring out how to dump its memory but i couldnt seem to find how. is it because I do have a program loaded on it?

You can perform a clean disk command. Do this from terminal. That'll clear all the files out and give you some room. That must be a big program you have there.
    e
  • so I used "clean disk" and does the same thing. tells me have 0 memory for the firmware. do I need to allocate memory for this or something?
  • A few things to check...
    1. Make sure you're using the correct firmware for your device.
    2. Make sure you're using the correct device numbers in the firmware upgrade boxes. If you're upgrading the master firmware use 0:1:0.
    3. Make sure you're not making too big of a jump in firmwares, or you may have to go to an intermediate one prior to the last.

--John
  • annuelloannuello Posts: 294
    I once found an interesting quirk on the NI-700, 32Mb edition. (I haven't seen it on the 64Mb version yet....)

Previous versions of NI-700/32 firmware would allow you to allocate > 8Mb to duet (using SET DUET MEM in a telnet session). Subsequent versions have a max limit of 8Mb. In one of my NI-700/32 I had allocated 10Mb (out of 12Mb available) to duet. After the firmware update this allocation dropped back to the new maximum of 8Mb. However, this resulted in there being no memory available for my non-duet program, since all available memory was now allocated to the duet memory space. The fix was to telnet into it and set the duet memory to 6Mb, then reboot.

Roger McLean
    Swinburne University.