Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio

Page Flip Forget

Is there a command that I can send to an R4 that tells it to open a page and forget it for the back button? (The PageFlipForget function if you program the flip in TPD4)

Jeff

Comments

• Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    I looked but I couldn't find one.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    It's kind of a pain, but I have been overriding the built-in back button functionality, and assigning it a regular button channel ... then doing all my "back" functionality in code. That lets me go to an active source page, for example, after adjusting surround modes without relying on the "previous" page function, which might not take me where I want anyway.
  • the8thstthe8thst Posts: 470
    I looked for the same command a while ago and couldn't find it, so I just handle most of the back button functionality in code.
  • yuriyuri Posts: 861
    why would you want this? :)
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    yuri wrote: »
    why would you want this? :)

When your code handles the page flips, the back button built-in functionality with "forget" won't work. You want the "forget" feature in cases where there are several sub-pages on a control, but you want the back button to go to the main control page, not just the last sub-page. This is common on small-screen devices like an R4 where you have to spread the controls out on a lot of pages.
  • yuriyuri Posts: 861
    DHawthorne wrote: »
    When your code handles the page flips, the back button built-in functionality with "forget" won't work. You want the "forget" feature in cases where there are several sub-pages on a control, but you want the back button to go to the main control page, not just the last sub-page. This is common on small-screen devices like an R4 where you have to spread the controls out on a lot of pages.

Cool, didn't think of it that way :)
  • trobertstroberts Posts: 228
    Safe to assume no one ever found any command via code for a page flip forget on an R4, right?
    I could use one too and would rather not use a popup, but may have to.