Home AMX User Forum MODPEDIA - The Public Repository of Modules for Everyone

Vudu Module

This is ONLY a communication module. No UI module is provided. This has been tested on(and successfully controls) Vudu Boxes loaded with the most current firmware and is untested (and assumed not to work) with the Vudu software loaded on various devices (e.g. Samsung, Mitsubishi, LG, etc. televisions as well as Samsung, LG, etc. blu-ray players.)

As always, this code comes AS IS without any type of warranty. I will update as needed and when possible. Post or email bugs. Best viewed with tab and char settings both set to 3 and with a monospaced font such as Consolas.

If you don't like the formatting of the code, change it to your liking. :)

Comments

• viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Since Vudu no longer makes appliances (VuDu Boxes) does this work with any box running the Vudu program.
  • jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    Not sure?

I have no idea, I would assume not though. I will test when I get home . . . I do have a Samsung BD-C5500 (it's a piece of junk BTW), with Vudu on it.
    It does not work with anything loaded with the Vudu program. Sorry!
    That's a bummer! Maybe Vudu will wise up and return to making their own boxes since they were good boxes but it seems the money and less headaches lays with selling just the program.
    Well don't forget, Vudu was bought by Walmart (hence the removal of the adult section.) I doubt the decision to start making boxes again will be made. :(
    Ahh! I forgot about the Walmart deal and w/o the adult content there's really no reason to use Vudu over any other similar streaming services. I know some of my customers will be pissed since the adult selections were the reason they bought into their service.
    Haha - I just remember that being part of the deal, cuz you know Walmart is "family friendly."

Anyway, I digress.

What's interesting about the boxes is that you can find dealers to buy them from . . . strangely we're dealers - so I'll have to ask my boss if the boxes are ACTUALLY available, though I highly doubt it . . . I just never heard of them totally stopping hardware production, but I don't pay too much attention to that stuff.
    jjames wrote: »
    Haha - I just remember that being part of the deal, cuz you know Walmart is "family friendly."

Anyway, I digress.

What's interesting about the boxes is that you can find dealers to buy them from . . . strangely we're dealers - so I'll have to ask my boss if the boxes are ACTUALLY available, though I highly doubt it . . . I just never heard of them totally stopping hardware production, but I don't pay too much attention to that stuff.

That was the word I got from my distributor last time I tried to place an order. A few weeks before that I got some for a job no problem.
    Revision 1
    *Replaced .ip_Address with .SOURCE_STRING to comply with original Netlinx.axi

Sorry! I modified my Netlinx.axi since "SOURCE_STRING" from the DEV_INFO_STRUCT wasn't very descriptive, so this is why it wouldn't compile.

Removed - see below
  • I just wanted to thank james for providing this. Im a new programer and can work with modules but writing one like this is still more then i can do.

As for the Vudu box i have spoken to Vudu a few times and they have officialy been out of production for quite some time now. There are a few new ones left on amazon, but after those are gone its only used ones or unopened ones on Ebay. They have no plans of making the boxes again. they just simply did not sell enough for Vudu to make them.

Thanks Again

Saul
    Updated module

So, I loaded this up on an NI-3000 that was running 2.31.137 - and noticed that DEVICE_INFO on the master with non-duet version was not working properly.

So I removed DEVICE_INFO and replaced it with GET_IP_ADDRESS (a command I wasn't aware of) since all I was interested in was the IP.