Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads Residential Forum
Options

Niles ZR-6 Control

Anyone had to control one of these before? There is a duet module for the GXR2 but nothing for this unit in the module repository. I have heard they have some quircks and aren't that easy to control, but I have no personal experience with it to know if that is the case.
Paul

Comments

• Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Do a forum search. If I recall Dave Hawthorne has made numerous posts about them and I beleive he still uses Niles to some extent in his projects. The early posts discussed the quirks but I haven't heard anything lately. He might also have some code to share if you ask politely. :)
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    All my work is with the GRX2's, not the ZR6's. I have no idea how similar the protocols are, if at all.
  • Options
    a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    DHawthorne wrote: »
    All my work is with the GRX2's, not the ZR6's. I have no idea how similar the protocols are, if at all.

It looks like they are similar but not the same. Seems I've managed to wiggle out of controlling them anyway :)
    Paul
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    a_riot42 wrote: »
    It looks like they are similar but not the same. Seems I've managed to wiggle out of controlling them anyway :)
    Paul

That's probably for the best. I was never satisfied with the end result ... they simply weren't designed with third-party control as a priority.