Home AMX User Forum AMX Design Tools

Program Main External Button on NXD-700Vi

Hi Guys,
Im looking to implement some panel to panel VOIP features for the first time and thought it would be a good idea to use the main extrernal button (usually used to access setup features) as a push to talk button. Does anyone know if it is possible to program this button? I cant seem to edit its properties through TP4 Design! Maybe it requires some coding? If this is the case does anybody know its channel number?

Thanks,
Shane

Comments

• viningvining Posts: 4,368
    In the TPD4 workspace just under the TP file name [panel type] there should be "external controls". Click on it and you should see what you are looking for.
  • shanemshanem Posts: 28
    Hi Vining,
    Yeah I tried that! However, it doesnt allow me to click on the center button to edit any of its properties. I can edit the two buttons either side without a problem. Were you able to click on it as you suggested?
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Sorry I the word "Main" didn't register when I read the OP. I don't know about that, I just shut everything down so I can head out. Maybe I'll take a look when I return.
  • yuriyuri Posts: 861
    You can't program the middle button :)
  • shanemshanem Posts: 28
    Ok thanks..Its a pity, although in saying that, I do remember one instance where we had a CV7 completely crash as a result of its middle button getting stuck in
  • yuriyuri Posts: 861
    shanem wrote: »
    Ok thanks..Its a pity, although in saying that, I do remember one instance where we had a CV7 completely crash as a result of its middle button getting stuck in

That's possible, because holding the middle buttons enters setup menu. Holding it longer enters calibration menu... :)