Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Modules & Duet Modules
Options

I need DSC IT-100 Module help

Has anybody used the IT-100 module? I have been trying to figure it out but it seems that all the TKO files in the module are missing when you try and work it into the code. this is also my first work with a module so im pretty lost. any help would be great.

Comments

• Options
    Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    Netlinx uses .tko files. That looks like a duet module. Duet uses .jar files.
  • Options
    As a follow up: The zip file contains an interface doc which should give you directions on how to incorporate the module.
  • Options
    ok i guess i'm confused, I am working in Netlinx and trying to follow the word doc that comes in the file but it still seems to be missing needed files, to me at least.
  • Options
    I see what you mean. The example workspace wasn’t put together properly as it contains pointers to .tko files that don’t exist and the workspace doesn’t contain the source code to compile the .tko files.

Here’s how to fix it, at least from a compile standpoint. I can’t vouch for the code.

1) Add the following .axs files to the workspace that are included in the zip:
    a) Custom.axs
    b) MenuComponent.axs
    c) ModuleComponent.axs

2) Do a *Build active system*

3) You’re going to see a message box that says there are errors detected and it will ask you if you want to continue. Click on yes.

The system will build and the missing .tko files will be created.

HTH
  • Options
    I should have been clearer with step #1.
    You need to add the files to the module folder of the project.
  • Options
    truetrue Posts: 307
    I wrote my own fully featured module. DSC protocol is pretty easy.
  • Options
    and then i add the .tko files and remove the axs files?
  • Options
    The project already has pointers to the .tko files.
    You can remove the .axs files from the project once the .tko files are created.
  • Options
    Do I need to do anything to the 8400i TP test file before it will work? I notice that all of the text boxes have XXXX's in them, etc.

I loaded the test .apw file with all the required files ( to my understanding) and the TP test file but i get nothing.
  • Options
    I have no idea since I’ve never used the module or the test TP file.
    Did you download the compiled .tkn file to the NI master?
    The .apw is just a project workspace, it doesn’t get loaded into the NI.
    Is the TP pointing to the correct NI master and is the device ID of the TP set correctly according to the code?
  • Options
    well im just working with test file right now which has 3 .tko and a jar file in the module area. theres also a master .axs file that i assume is setup to interact with the test 8400i file which is what the i believe the word doc said as well. However im lost.

and yes to my knowledge all of the IDs etc are looking in the proper directions.