Home AMX User Forum AMX Resource Management Suite Software

Projector on lift issues

I was wondering if anyone else has a projector on a lift that cuts the power when it reaches the top? I am trying figure a way to tell RMS to stop monitoring the projector once it has reached the top stop point and AC power is cut.

Comments

• ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    I was wondering if anyone else has a projector on a lift that cuts the power when it reaches the top? I am trying figure a way to tell RMS to stop monitoring the projector once it has reached the top stop point and AC power is cut.

I once had a projector lift that did the same thing. It ended up being a break in the wire that opened up just enough when the cabinet flexed when the lift sinched itself up tight when in the up position. It actually drove us nuts since it seemed to happen at the exact same position and acted like a limit switch. It even made a click sound at the exact same time. I think it was a Chief. (Can't remember the model) it was the one that pop-riveted into a pad ceiling and replaced a 2X2 tile.

I know it's vague but hope that helps.
    e
  • Thanks Eric, the lift in question does cut power when it reaches the top, what I am trying to figure out is a way to have RMS stop monitoring the projector when the system is 'off'

P.S. I put your fault and fix in my little book of odd problems that you don't see everyday. Thanks for the data =)