Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Modules & Duet Modules

Issue with Biamp Module

I'm new to AMX programming and I have a project that a touchpanel control a Biamp Nexia (Just need to be able to control inpu/ouput fader level and have feedback of everything).

The problem is: I was reading the .doc file that comes with the Module downloaded from the AMX website and there's a bunch of configuration stuffs that I can't change because the module is already compiled in a .jar file.

Here is the line I'm talking about:

// Add Audio Processor Components - Martix Mixer Input Control - Level & State Set Components
SEND_COMMAND vdvDuetDevice,'AUDIOPROCADD-2,MATRIXMIXER.INPUT.SET:1.23.1.0'
SEND_COMMAND vdvDuetDevice,'AUDIOPROCADD-3,MATRIXMIXER.INPUT.SET:1.23.2.0'
SEND_COMMAND vdvDuetDevice,'AUDIOPROCADD-4,MATRIXMIXER.INPUT.SET:1.23.3.0'
SEND_COMMAND vdvDuetDevice,'AUDIOPROCADD-5,MATRIXMIXER.INPUT.SET:1.23.4.0'

// Add Audio Processor Components - Martix Mixer Output Control - Level & State Set Components
SEND_COMMAND vdvDuetDevice,'AUDIOPROCADD-22,MATRIXMIXER.OUTPUT.SET:1.23.0.1'
SEND_COMMAND vdvDuetDevice,'AUDIOPROCADD-23,MATRIXMIXER.OUTPUT.SET:1.23.0.2'
SEND_COMMAND vdvDuetDevice,'AUDIOPROCADD-24,MATRIXMIXER.OUTPUT.SET:1.23.0.3'
SEND_COMMAND vdvDuetDevice,'AUDIOPROCADD-25,MATRIXMIXER.OUTPUT.SET:1.23.0.4'

This line sets the Device Number, Istance Id, Index 1 and Index 2 to send the string directly to the Biamp device.

How can I configure that with my values?

Comments

• AMXJeffAMXJeff Posts: 450
    I'm new to AMX programming and I have a project that a touchpanel control a Biamp Nexia (Just need to be able to control inpu/ouput fader level and have feedback of everything).

The problem is: I was reading the .doc file that comes with the Module downloaded from the AMX website and there's a bunch of configuration stuffs that I can't change because the module is already compiled in a .jar file.

Here is the line I'm talking about:

// Add Audio Processor Components - Martix Mixer Input Control - Level & State Set Components
    SEND_COMMAND vdvDuetDevice,'AUDIOPROCADD-2,MATRIXMIXER.INPUT.SET:1.23.1.0'
    SEND_COMMAND vdvDuetDevice,'AUDIOPROCADD-3,MATRIXMIXER.INPUT.SET:1.23.2.0'
    SEND_COMMAND vdvDuetDevice,'AUDIOPROCADD-4,MATRIXMIXER.INPUT.SET:1.23.3.0'
    SEND_COMMAND vdvDuetDevice,'AUDIOPROCADD-5,MATRIXMIXER.INPUT.SET:1.23.4.0'

// Add Audio Processor Components - Martix Mixer Output Control - Level & State Set Components
    SEND_COMMAND vdvDuetDevice,'AUDIOPROCADD-22,MATRIXMIXER.OUTPUT.SET:1.23.0.1'
    SEND_COMMAND vdvDuetDevice,'AUDIOPROCADD-23,MATRIXMIXER.OUTPUT.SET:1.23.0.2'
    SEND_COMMAND vdvDuetDevice,'AUDIOPROCADD-24,MATRIXMIXER.OUTPUT.SET:1.23.0.3'
    SEND_COMMAND vdvDuetDevice,'AUDIOPROCADD-25,MATRIXMIXER.OUTPUT.SET:1.23.0.4'

This line sets the Device Number, Istance Id, Index 1 and Index 2 to send the string directly to the Biamp device.

How can I configure that with my values?

The send commands that you see are how the module learns about your Biamp Programming.

The 'AUDIOPROCADD' protion lets the module know configuration information is forth coming.

The '-<VIRTUAL PORT>' tell the module which port on the virtual device to assign this control.

The 'MATRIXMIXER.OUTPUT.SET' refers to what type of biamp object your controlling.

the '1.23.0.4' is the instance tag information from your biamp program.

In order for me to help, you need to tell me what you want to control in the biamp and actually have the biamp programming completed. If you PM your biamp programming to me and tell me what you want to control I will help the best i can.

Jeff
  • Fader levels feedback issue

I thought the Biamp Duet module would have option to show fader level feedback as a response. Guess we need to write the proper logic for this to happen
  • AMXJeffAMXJeff Posts: 450
    ajish.raju wrote: »
    I thought the Biamp Duet module would have option to show fader level feedback as a response. Guess we need to write the proper logic for this to happen

it does work with Faders.

First you got to Register with the duet module what fader. Using below.

vdvDuetDevice = 41001:1:0

// 'AUDIOPROCADD-<virtual port>,<control object>:<control address (based on your biamp programming)>'
    SEND_COMMAND vdvDuetDevice,'AUDIOPROCADD-2,LEVELFADERS.FADER.SET:1.23.1.0'
    SEND_COMMAND vdvDuetDevice,'REINIT'

Second you control it, because of how it was registered above you use the second port on the virtual device

vdvFader = 41001:2:0

to[vdvFader, 24] // Raise the Fader
    to[vdvFader, 25] // Lowers the Fader
    to[vdvFader, 26] // Mutes/Unmutes the Fader

// Current Volume Level Feedback 0 - 255
    LEVEL_EVENT[vdvFader,1]
    {
    }
  • Thanks Jeff,

I will try this out and get back to you.
  • AMXJeff wrote: »
    SEND_COMMAND vdvDuetDevice,'AUDIOPROCADD-2,LEVELFADERS.FADER.SET:1.23.1.0'
    SEND_COMMAND vdvDuetDevice,'REINIT'

Hey Jeff? I thought the REINIT was only needed when you were changing communications settings like IP vs. 232, baud rate, etc...

Working with another module recently, I was able to call "registration" commands like AUDIOPROCADD above, and didn't need to call REINIT.

That was with the Polycom SoundStructure module. Now I've got a project coming up with a Biamp Audia Flex, so I'm scanning through the forums for potential gotchas anyone might have run into.

(And hoping that someone was able to verify/explain how the module monitors hook state and incoming calls when A: the Biamp protocol doesn't directly support those, and B: the Biamp DSP file provided in the demo doesn't have any additions to help support those)

Worst part is that I won't have access to the physical unit until I go onsite. :(

- Chip
  • rfletcherrfletcher Posts: 217
    Chip Moody wrote: »
    Hey Jeff? I thought the REINIT was only needed when you were changing communications settings like IP vs. 232, baud rate, etc...

Working with another module recently, I was able to call "registration" commands like AUDIOPROCADD above, and didn't need to call REINIT.

That was with the Polycom SoundStructure module. Now I've got a project coming up with a Biamp Audia Flex, so I'm scanning through the forums for potential gotchas anyone might have run into.

(And hoping that someone was able to verify/explain how the module monitors hook state and incoming calls when A: the Biamp protocol doesn't directly support those, and B: the Biamp DSP file provided in the demo doesn't have any additions to help support those)

Worst part is that I won't have access to the physical unit until I go onsite. :(

- Chip

The Biamp protocol does support control/monitoring of the hook state with the TIHOOKSTATE command. It's kind of hidden in the Audia manual because they forgot to fill the top line of the dialing commands table with blue and it (and the networked paging station commands) kind of blend in with the power amp commands.

I'm not sure how they're monitoring for incoming calls, unless possibly the unit spits out the caller id information without being prompted. I've never checked for that one, I'll have to give it a try the next Biamp system we do...

I can't speak to the question about the registration commands for the duet module, as I've got my own module for Biamp.
  • rfletcher wrote: »
    The Biamp protocol does support control/monitoring of the hook state with the TIHOOKSTATE command. It's kind of hidden in the Audia manual because they forgot to fill the top line of the dialing commands table with blue and it (and the networked paging station commands) kind of blend in with the power amp commands.

I'm not sure how they're monitoring for incoming calls, unless possibly the unit spits out the caller id information without being prompted. I've never checked for that one, I'll have to give it a try the next Biamp system we do...

I can't speak to the question about the registration commands for the duet module, as I've got my own module for Biamp.

Thanks Rfletcher... I guess - regarding hook state - the module is "assuming" in some cases, and polling for others, since the Biamp doesn't generate unsolicited feedback natively in the API.

In the past, I know that detecting an incoming call required adding some logic/string generation in the Biamp DSP file. That logic isn't in the sample DSP file, which just leaves me wondering how it's supposed to be reported to the AMX system... :(

- Chip
  • rfletcherrfletcher Posts: 217
    Chip Moody wrote: »
    Thanks Rfletcher... I guess - regarding hook state - the module is "assuming" in some cases, and polling for others, since the Biamp doesn't generate unsolicited feedback natively in the API.

In the past, I know that detecting an incoming call required adding some logic/string generation in the Biamp DSP file. That logic isn't in the sample DSP file, which just leaves me wondering how it's supposed to be reported to the AMX system... :(

- Chip

Good to know about the Biamp not producing unsolicited feedback, thanks. The places I've used Biamp hybrids haven't wanted people to be able to call into the conference room, so I haven't really looked too closely into dealing with incoming calls.

That (and the lack of notice for incoming calls) is a big omission on their part, I'll try to remember to give our Biamp rep grief about it next time they show up.

I suppose the degree of danger posed by the module's assumptions depends on if you're going to have auto-answer on or off. If it's off, the hook state is unlikely to change without input from the control system, isn't it? Or does the biamp also not send out a notification when it auto-ends a call? Heck, does it even auto-end calls, I'm drawing a total blank right now. I'd think it would since all of it's competitors do, but I can't really remember...
  • I'm drawing some blanks too. I'll be reminded first-hand next week! :)
  • Sigh. No love here. Even though I see the module polling the Biamp, (querying the IP address) it refuses to go from just "online" on channel 251 to "data initialized" on 252. Don't know if something is wrong or if I'm missing a step, but it's harshing my calm today...

- Chip
  • So, does anyone know what responses the comm module expects to see from the Biamp before it reports as "data initialized"? Like I mentioned before, I see a poll for the IP address, and I see the response going back, but that's all that's going on. It's like the module is expecting to see more...

Thanks,
    - Chip
  • Wow - sad I had to get tech support on the phone before I stumbled on the answer to this one. Somehow my virtual device addresses in this program started at 44001. Changed 'em to 41001 and everything is dandy now.

Might've tripped across that sooner, but the Tandberg module that was at 44001 was actually working. The Biamp was at 44002 - not sure why that makes such a huge whopping difference.

- Chip (Misses when device addresses didn't matter, and we were only given "suggestions")
  • davidvdavidv Posts: 90
    Nexia CS module

Do you guys have the module that I can get?