Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Modules & Duet Modules

i!Weather without comm module

I have a job where there are 5 ENV-VST-C installed and working fine. I wrote my own code for them and bypassed the module.

Now we are adding i!Weather and I need to know if I can use the i!Weather module on it's own without all of the other VST code supplied by AMX.

Has anyone done this successfully?

Comments

• DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    If you assign the iWeather UI to a different port than what you are using, it probably won't matter. It will happily update buttons and text fields that don't exist. Not the most elegant solution, maybe, but it should work.
  • Well, I wasn't too clear about what I want to do. I want iWeather info to display on the thermostats themselves. All I want to do with the touch panels is be able to control the thermostats.

The answer seems to be that it's all or nothing. I'm currently redoing panels and scrapping my working code.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    If I understand your question the answer is you should be able to do what your wanting to with no problem. You can get the weather info to the T-Stat and control the T-Stats just fine from the TPs.

If you're referring to how AMX has sorta broken its own design paradigm and put non-comm type programming in the .comm module that can get in the way of doing things with the UI, then you are right.
  • TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    Yes you can do this. I have. The protocol for the stat is relatively straightforward. I wrote mine around the older Netlinx version of iWeather. I like it more than the new Duet version.