Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products

Reset G4 web control password on NXP-TPI4

I have a bit of a puzzle here: I picked up a NXP-TPI4 on eBay to use as a touchpanel emulator. Since I don't have an ELO panel to connect to it, I was planning to just use VNC to control it.

The problem is that it came with a G4 Web Control password set, and I haven't figured out any way to clear it.
- there's no (documented) console command or SEND_COMMAND to reset it
- I can't push any of the buttons on the setup page using Emulate a Device, Control a Device, or DO_PUSH.

I have it set up with an IP address, device number, and master, so I can send commands and even upload projects, but I have no way to send touch data to it. I've tried a USB mouse and emulating a serial mouse from a terminal program with no results (ie, no pointer on screen). I can flip it to the __protectedG4WebControl page using a SEND_COMMAND, I just can't push any of the buttons. Haven't found any way to factory reset it.

Any suggestions for clearing the password? My next steps are:
- pull out the CF card and try to find something interesting on it
- beg/borrow/steal an ELO panel for a few minutes

Comments

• DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    There is a set of commands to change page passwords, but I'm not aware of one to change the VNC password. However, you can just plug a standard monitor and mouse into the thing. The front panel setup buttons will let you set the config for your mouse if it doesn't work off-the-bat.
  • jweatherjweather Posts: 320
    DHawthorne wrote: »
    There is a set of commands to change page passwords, but I'm not aware of one to change the VNC password. However, you can just plug a standard monitor and mouse into the thing. The front panel setup buttons will let you set the config for your mouse if it doesn't work off-the-bat.

USB mouse doesn't do anything, and none of the Touch Config options are for a USB mouse.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Yeah, you will need a serial mouse or a PS2 with serial adapter.
  • jweatherjweather Posts: 320
    Finally got it to work with a USB mouse + PS/2 to USB adapter...