Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products

USB file transfer error on an 8400?

I'm trying to transfer a modified TPD file to an 8400 via the virtual master option in TPD4. It displays the panel as available in the list of USB connections, but once I start transferring, it gives me an error:

Error performing action Remove Remote System Files: Device returned file transfer NAK code 0x000d: Error removing directory.

Can this be fixed? I transferred the new project to the master, but now I can't get this panel loaded! Kinda stuck now...

Comments

• Got it!

Got it figured out. I was trying to do a smart transfer. As soon as I told it to do a full transfer and delete the old files, all was good. Got a little scared after that, though - I was using the USB connection, so I changed it back to ethernet and rebooted - got stuck on the AMX logo screen. Pulled batteries, and all is good for now.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    On this note, I'm pretty frustrated by how TPD handles this. In my mind, the 'Smart' transfer should work 100% of the time. After all, if it's supposed to be smart, it should be able to determine what files need to go over and what don't.

My experience with it has been that if you've transfered a file within the past day or so it seems to work. But, go a length of time from the last upload, crashes the upload, more-than-likely crashed the application and in some cases crashes the touch panel, thus forcing you to do a 'Full Transfer.'

I'm still amazed when a file transfer takes down the whole application. That just blows my mind. I don't work in any other skd that does this. They all seem to be able to handle a blown file transfer without dying.
  • AuserAuser Posts: 506
    ericmedley wrote: »
    On this note, I'm pretty frustrated by how TPD handles this. In my mind, the 'Smart' transfer should work 100% of the time. After all, if it's supposed to be smart, it should be able to determine what files need to go over and what don't.

My experience with it has been that if you've transfered a file within the past day or so it seems to work. But, go a length of time from the last upload, crashes the upload, more-than-likely crashed the application and in some cases crashes the touch panel, thus forcing you to do a 'Full Transfer.'

I'm still amazed when a file transfer takes down the whole application. That just blows my mind. I don't work in any other skd that does this. They all seem to be able to handle a blown file transfer without dying.

+1 on every single point.
  • AuserAuser Posts: 506
    vegastech wrote: »
    Got a little scared after that, though - I was using the USB connection, so I changed it back to ethernet and rebooted - got stuck on the AMX logo screen.

Always make sure that you pull the USB cable out before rebooting or the lockup on reboot is bound to happen.